Thursday, October 30, 2008

HOME AT LAST!!!

Mom and I came home today at noon. What a moment in time!! I can't believe how it feels to walk around my beautiful home and see everything that is familiar to me. Our little studio was so small and the four walls finally was getting to me and Mom. There's only one thing sad about coming home and that is Mom is not here. I'm really going to miss our time together and all the late night talks (when the drugs were really kicking in) and of course, the early 5:00AM wake up talks. I don't know how I would have made it these last 30 days without her. She has always been and always will be my very best friend and I love her so very much!!

Tomorrow Mark and I will go to Costco and shopping before the rain starts (I hope). I want the house stocked with meat and food so I don't have to run to the store each day. I won't be able to go because I can't drive for 12-16 weeks anyway. This weekend the weather calls for rain, so I plan to watch movies, rest and relax.

Tonight is Hockey Night! My San Jose Sharks are playing the Detroit Red Wings and this will be my first hockey game I get to watch. Markie and Erin and here with us watching the game. Home feels GREAT!!!

Mark surprised me and painted my living room and hallway before I came home. It looks so beautiful!

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy each moment in time. I know I will definitely enjoy the first moment in time I walked into my beautiful home.

love,
debbie

3 comments:

kevinandbarbie said...

Debbie,
This is the info on the meeting and the support group. I am so glad that you are home now. Don't worry, you are going to do great.
Kevin


Hello Dr. Anderson ,

My apologies for taking so long to get back to your email message. Dr. Witteles is using an old email address for me and my old internet provider does not forward the messages to me. I will call his office and make sure they have a correct address for me. This is my current email address: dena.heath@att.net.



Congratulations on your very successful heart transplant. Dr. Witteles spoke at our last support group meeting and we are thrilled to hear that Stanford has set up an amyloidosis team. My husband received the stem cell transplant at Stanford in December, ’03. We feel very fortunate that he was so well treated at Stanford, even before they had a team set up. We are Kaiser members too and they gave us the option of where he could be treated and my husband had no interest in going to Boston or Mayo in December so Stanford was a perfect choice for us.



We would love to have you join us at our next meeting which will actually be held at Kaiser in Walnut Creek on 11/8 from 10AM to 2PM. We alternate our meetings to allow for the various distances our folks travel to get to meetings. Kaiser is very good to us and Dr. Michael Russin is our group “sponsor” and my husband’s oncologist. The group would be thrilled to have a physician as a member!



We have two group members who also live in your area. One is a primary patient who lives in Roseville and was treated at BUMC and the other is a familial patient (the variant that affects African Americans). He lives in Sacramento and had a very successful heart transplant at UCSF three months ago. I am sure that he would be happy to connect with you and share stories. He’s a great guy and in several weeks he and his wife are off to a three week vacation trip to Croatia and Greece so he will miss our next meeting. Would you like his contact information?



I can be reached on 925-939-0688 if you have any questions or want more information about our upcoming meeting.



Warm Regards,



Dena Heath

Facilitator, Northern California Support Group

925-939-0688

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME IKNOW HOW HAPPY YOU MUST BE THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME.MARK MUST BE DELIGHTED TO HAVE HIS BEAUTIFUL WIFE BACK HOME.MOM MUST BE SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN HER BED TOO. DON'T WEAR YOURSELF OUT SHOPPING TOMORROW. HOPE ENJOYED YOUR HOCKEY GAME TONIGHT. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF GET PLENTY OF REST AND ENJOY YOUR FAMILY.

LOTS OF LOVE ALWAYS,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Mary Ann said...

I'm so glad your home sissy. Now you can begin your new life. There is something to be said for home and family and just know we are all there for you and we all love you so much. Whenever you need me I will be there for you sissy. You have always been there for me. Besides you know me I love to orginze things!:)
I love you and I am so happy your home and Mommy too!!! She must have just been so delighted to be in her home again too. Thank god I didnt kill her plant YIKES!!!!!

Ilove you
Mary Ann