Monday, October 27, 2008

Good Morning Dear Family and Friends

It's Monday morning and I've been up since 4:00AM. As many of you know I don't sleep much especially when I took a nice nap yesterday. I finished the book "Nights In Rodanthe", good book. I'll wait for the movie to come out on DVD to watch.

I had a wonderful weekend. Mark, Markie and Erin came to visit on Saturday. I made my famous spaghetti and meatball dinner. It was so good!! Markie was so happy to have Mom's spaghetti and I sent home two big containers for Mark and Markie for lunch. Matthew's doctor's wife, gave me a special gift of soft clay art and Erin and I spent the afternoon making beautiful roses and flowers with the soft clay. She had so much fun making different colors for the flowers. It was a special moment spent with her. I love it!

The boys went to see the Sharks play on TV at a sports bar (I don't have many TV stations here at the hotel) and Mom, Erin and I watched the movie "Return to Me". If you have not seen this movie, WATCH IT! It is about a girl who needs a heart transplant and receives a heart and meets and falls in love with the donor's husband. Yes it's a chick flick but you do see both sides of donor/recipient. I don't think I could have watched before my heart transplant but I have watched it 3 times now. It is a beautiful movie.

Gary and Debbie drove all the way from Santa Rosa to visit too. It was a very nice visit. They brought me newspapers from home, which makes me feel like I'm still apart of the community. Debbie brought me goodies like low sodium Canadian bacon and these wonderful chicken sausage. They are so good to me. I just don't know how I could ever repay or say how much I appreciate them. Words would never be right. Debbie just keeps saying "get well" and that is the best thank you for what they have done. She also surprised me with my "Italian flag ring" that she had done for me by Carolyn and Larry Williams. It is exactly what I wanted and is so beautiful. Thank you Carolyn and Larry. Yesterday was one month since my heart transplant and Debbie waited to give it to me. It was a special moment!

This week is going to be rather stressful. I know I'm not suppose to be stressed but I want to go home. Tuesday, I have a heart biopsy, chest x rays, lab and clinic. I want to get plenty of rest today so I have a good result this week. It is very important if I will be able to go home on Tuesday, November 4th. I will let everyone know on Wednesday when the results are in. My steroid level is down from 100mg to 20mg per day. That makes me nervous that maybe it will trigger a rejection, but my other transplant friends have been lower and Tippy got a NER this last biopsy. So I have to be positive and pray for a NER.

I heard something last night on TV I want to share with you and hope you will live your life this way:

"APPRECIATE THE PRECIOUS MOMENTS THAT OTHER PEOPLE TAKE FOR GRANTED"
Enjoy this moment in time!
love,
debbie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was always our family of ten's favorite dinner growing up! Spaghetti and Meatballs. My mother was Italian (her parents from Foggia and Campobasso)and we always looked forward to Thursday -spaghetti day.

Debbie, I'm happy that you have Family to share your culinary perfections! It is also nice to know that Gary and Debbie drove down, bringing to you that special ring gift.

Have a great week, and I will be reading the blogs.

Love,

Sarah S.(for Sagittarius)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Glad you had a nice weekend. Hopefully we can come visit it you at your home soon. I'm praying that you will be able to go home on the 4th. There's no place like home! Keep up the good work and continue to impress us all. Give a big kiss to my wonderful anut from me. Talk to you soon.
Love you both,
Cuzzin Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:
I hope all goes well today. I think of you all rhe time. My prayers are with you. Can't wait to see the ring Debbie and Gary had made for you. They are such specisl friends, you are one lucky lady to have them in your life. Just a few more days and you'll be back home with the rest of your family. I miss you both and send all my love. Keep up the good thoughts

Lots Of Love and Hugs For Both You and Mom.

Always.

Auntie Mary Joan

Tamara said...

Good Morning Sunshine,
Good Luck today, I'm praying for the best results ever. Take one day at a time. Give my love to Auntie and I'll try to talk to you soon. Of course, I'm sure you are awake already this morning.
Love,
Tami

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Just thinking of you, and keeping you in my prayers as you go for your tests today that everything goes well and you will soon be able to go home. I'll be looking on your site to stay informed.
Love you,
Cousin Maria