Thursday, October 16, 2008

Appointment with Sue, Nurse Practitioner

Met with Sue this morning instead of tomorrow because of the results last night. Not that she was concerned about anything but for my peace of mind. She said that if it was serious she would have me admitted to the hospital last night. This is just "a moment in time" and that everyone rejects this way. I had a moderate rejection and is treatable with the increase of the drugs. Also, on Tuesday I received through infusion another very powerful immuno suppressant that I received the day of transplant. So with the combination of that drug and the increase of my other drugs should knock this out. I do have another heart biopsy on Tuesday along with a right heart cath. They are going to do the right heart cath to be sure no damage was caused to my beautiful new heart. If so, again it is treated with more medicine. No permanent damage to the heart will result from this rejection. Thank god! They are also going to do a biopsy on my heart for Amyloidosis. Ironically, Dr. Kevin and I both had the same results and as you know he has Amyloidosis. So they are thinking that they should check us sooner than later for Amyloidosis in our new hearts. I am feeling great and that is why it was such a "shock" to hear I was rejecting. But as I have said before, sometimes there are no symptoms. Mom and I are going to rest, relax, go for walks and watch movies this whole weekend. I'm hoping to gain more strength before next Tuesday.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy this moment in time.
love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Donna said...

Debbie, you are amazing! Your strength that is showing on this blog site is helping so many of your friends and family get through this. Thanks for keeping us posted, I check in 3 or 4 times a day for updates. Please let us know if we can do anything to help you. You are in my thought and prayers all day.

Love you, Miss you and See you soon!

Donna

Debbie's Moment in Time said...

Well first off I want to say sissy, I love you... You are my insperation, my mentor, my heart and my big sissy. Growing up I have always been closest to you maybe because you took me over when I was a baby, My Kathleena.
No one in this world can ever compare to you, That song "Wind Beneath my Wings" that has and always will be my song to you.
Your strength, your love is one that I wish everyone can experience. I know we have had our ups and downs but hey were sisters.
I know in my heart you are going to get through all this, with your attitude, and willing to be #1 that is why I know this is just a Moment in Time. See that is why also Mommy had you FIRST (HAHA) you always been that way.

Sissy I love you and remember those baby steps you did when you were young, well this is that too, baby steps to a healthy happy life.

Who ever this little girl is who gave me my sister her life I thank you and pray for you every night and your family, God Bless you..

I love you sissy
your little Sis
KATHIE