Monday, October 13, 2008

Second Week at the Hotel

Spent a nice weekend with family. Mark, Markie and Erin came down Saturday for a visit. They went to the Sharks game that night and yes my sharks won!

My good friend, Susan who happens to do my nails came all the way from Santa Rosa to do - here's the list:
nails, dye my hair, pedicure, manicue, hair cut and waxing. Mom got the same. We had so much fun! I thank Susan for taking the time to drive here and do that. It made me feel so good!!

Sunday was spent just relaxing and my family left early to go home. Debbie and Gary drove 3 hours last night to come and visit. I felt so bad it took them so long, but enjoyed their visit. It's so sad to see everyone leave. I'm still too afraid to leave this little hotel room next to the hospital. I want to stay here until the doctors say I'm ok to leave. I miss my home and my family and friends but I know how important this next 30 days is.

I'm feeling wonderful and starting to gain strenght. I have been walking 8-12 laps each day around the hotel complex or about 30-45 minutes of walking. It feels wonderful. I'm not short of breath anymore and can really feel my new heart pumping so strong. God bless my donor!

Today, I had a very nice visit with Ross Hawkins and his girlfriend Cynthia. They surprised me which was so nice. Mom fixed lunch, oh forgot to say. I haven't had meatloaf in about ten years and Mom made a big meatloaf, mash potatoes and green beans last night. So for lunch today we had meatloaf sandwiches YUMMMM! I'm getting spoiled. I gained a pound which I need since I have lost weight. So Nana's good cooking is starting to work! ha ha

Tomorrow is another big day. I have to be at the hospital at 7:00Am for heart biospy, chest x rays, lab work and clinic visit. Then I'm so excited because Mark, Erin, Gary and Debbie are coming to the heart transplant support group meeting with me. This is such an important part of my recovery to see my fellow transplant recipients and talk to them. Kevin and Barbie, John and Cheryl, Tippy and Scott, Ken and Wendy, Matt and his parents will all be there. It is going to be a happy reunion because everyone gets to see me and Matt after our heart transplants. I haven't mentioned Matt before but Matt was my next door neighbor at Kaiser hospital for those first 4 days. He was #1 on the heart transplant list for the next heart and had been in the hospital for over 6 weeks. My call came first which was sad for Matt but God his ways and Matt received a new heart 8 hours after me. He is so sweet and looks terrific! Again, a moment in time - why?

I will report on the results of my heart biospy when they call on Wednesday afternoon. I'm hoping for another NER (no evidence of rejection). Bear in mind, if a rejection does occur the doctors switch or up my medicine to fight the rejection. Everyone has rejection. It's normal for our bodies to rejection a foreign object (new heart) in our body. The saying is not "if" but "when" your body starts to reject. My prayers are for another NER!

Have a wonderful evening and enjoy this moment in time!

love,
debbie

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hi sissy!

My thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow! I can't wait to see you this weekend. Be tough tomorrow and know we are all thinking of you ok. That was so cool of Susan to come and spoil you and mom how sweet. Ok well I will see you on Saturday I cant wait.

I love you!
Mary Ann

Karla said...

Hi Debbie,
Cydney filled us in, glad to hear you are doing so well, you look fantastic. All my Love, good thoughts, prayers and hope for speedy and complete recovery. Hope to visit with you when you are back.
All my very best,
Love Karla