Sunday, November 2, 2008

A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

What a beautiful day today is. The sun is shining with broken clouds. Thought it would rain but no rain in sight.

Woke up this morning very early because of the time change. Wrote thank you notes and study Italian lessons. Eat a big breakfast and fell back to sleep for an hour nap. Did that feel great!

Markie came to visit and wash clothes. He is so helpful with my computer problems and of course my computer skills. He is teaching me so many cool things about the computer. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful son. Not to forget Matthew and Maxwell, who both bring me so much love and happiness. I thank God each day for blessing me as a mother. There is no other job in the world that compares to being a "MOM".

Anita Rackerby came by the other day and dropped off a special silver bracelet she got for me in Mexico. The words inscribed on the bracelet read: Family - Hope - Trust - Joy -Truth -Charity -and Love. These are very important words in all of our lives. I thank her for the special gift. I will treasure it forever!

My Auntie Bev sent me a special Italian CD called Il Divo "Ancora". The singers are Italian - very nice looking Italian men and can they sing. There are several songs with Celine Dion. I play it really loud, I'm sure the neighbors can hear it! It reminds me of Italy and my hope (there is one of the words) to go back in two years. What a beautiful country with beautiful people.

Tomorrow is Monday and Mark will be going back to work. I plan to rest because Mom and I have to go to Santa Clara for my doctor's appointment on Tuesday. No heart biopsy this week, thank God, my neck is soooo sore! I have a big day on November 11th, so I get to rest this week. I plan to watch movies, Legally Blonde 1 & 2 and maybe Sex in the City for the 5th time. Funny movie!! I guess from now until the first of the year this will be my routine each day. I was thinking this morning that I need to continue my daily activities just like before such as getting up taking a shower and putting on makeup etc. I think it will be good for the mind, soul and body. I'm frustrated about exercising, but Debbie Looney thinks we can work that out. Possibly take me to Break Through Fitness (my Gym) and work out on the stationary bike while she works out with Tim Rogers, our personal trainer. Wow do I miss super slow!!! Doctor said I can do lower body but no upper body what so ever! Maybe at the first of the year I can start doing lower body super slow with Tim. I know my body needs to recover and heal. Believe me I do whatever the doctors say. I do not take any chances. I have been given a second chance at life and I will not take it for granted. That is a promise I have made to my donor and my donor's family.

It's about 4:30PM and it's starting to get dark. I love this time of year.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening and enjoy this moment in time!

love,

debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
So glad your home and getting some rest. Like you, I also am very fond of this time of year. You have a birthday coming up, then Thanksgiving, then right on into the Christmas holidays. There is much to celebrate this year on all of those occassions. I'm so happy for you, and hope to come up to visit soon. I will definitely call first and make sure we are expected.
Love you,
Cousin Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi sissy,
Just wanted to say hello. I'm thinking of you everyday. I also don't want to bother you, for you know everyone is going to be calling you and coming over.
So I will just check in here and see your notes.
The boys and I will be down on Saturday, and staying till sunday, They can't wait to see you, be prepared Dom and Bren both cried when I told them you were home they were bot very excited.
So we will see you then.
Oh and Leanne said God Speed to you and your Angel is watching over you every day.
Love you Sissy
love me your baby sis

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Hope your first couple of days are going well and your settling back in. Did you find a new home for all your meds?
It was amazing how much space they took up at the hotel...you literally need another shelf just for the meds.
Anyway, I was thinking of you, and was wondering if you could put up a new picture of yourself. I miss your smile.
Love you,
Cousing Maria