Thursday, October 16, 2008

Second Biopsy Results

Well I don't know where to begin but I had my first setback. My second biopsy results came back rejection 2A-3R stable but moderate rejection. But that's ok because so far I have had good amazing results and this has put me in my place. My lab work came back fine, the infection is no longer a issue. Sue, nurse practioner, increased my daily dose of prednisone from 45mg to 100mg. I was just starting to level off on the prednisone but it is an important anti rejection drug, so therefore the increase is needed. Poor Mom she will have to deal with my moods and emotions and I say right now "I'm sorry for anything I say or do". She also increased my Gengraff dose to 175mg twice a day. Sue said the heart is strong but that next week they will want to perform another right heart carth just to measure the pressures of my beautiful new heart. So next Tuesday, will again, be a stressful day with many, many tests. This news was very disappointing but as I said before, "It's not if you reject, it's when you reject". I immediately called Dr. Kevin Anderson, my friend and buddy, who also informed me that he received the exact same results. So we both decided that our bodies are telling us to slow down, rest, relax and rid stress. So this weekend we are going to be "couch potatoes". I have asked friends and family not to visit this weekend, so I may be able to gain the rest I need before Tuesday tests. I feel great which makes things harder because I want to do more but realize I can't. I am still very positive and expect to be back on track again. This happens to many heart transplant patients. My good friend Tippy, throughout these last 6 weeks since her heart transplant has never received an NER (No evidence of rejection) until yesterday. She got the wonderful news of her first "NER". We are so proud of her! The support group helps with the ups and downs of tests and I enjoy talking to others who have been through this. They are a great source of strength.

In closing for today, I appreciate the love and support of my family and friends and we will get through this together. Keep your prayers coming!

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love you sissy keep your chin up!

Tamara said...

Hey Debbie,
I know you're scared but this should be a small bump in the road, just like they warned you.
You said yourself, you feel great,so go with that. I think the fact that you do not feel bad is a good sign.
The high doses of steroids do not make you feel so great, but that to should be not long term.
Catch the cat naps when you can( don't pass them up) because it is hard to sleep with the steroids on board.
I think this week-end set aside for complete R&R is one of the best medicines you can give yourself.
Keep your chin up and the prayers going. We'll say our prayers also on this end.
I'll try and come see you after your third biopsy.
Give my love to Auntie Rosie.

Hugs,
Tami