Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Third Heart Biospy Today

Just got back from the hospital. Took my third heart biospy, right heart cath, lab work, Amyloidosis biospy and chest x rays. Wow, what a day!

The doctor now said I ate too much salt and that I was too WET! I can't figure out what they want. I have been so good and last night Mom and I got take out at PF Changs - YUMMMM! I pigged out! So next Monday, its either Taco Bell or Round Table Pizza.

The right heart cath revealed no damage to my beautiful heart from the rejection last week. Thank God. The pressures of the heart are perfect and they are so happy with the way the heart is so strong. My level of cyclosporine (Immuno suppression drug) they believe is still too low because I don't have any shakes or tremors. So I think the results might come back with a slight rejection tomorrow until they can get this level up. My level is at 160 and I need to be closer to 200. My body is metabolizing this drug too quickly. Dr. Dana even thinks maybe I should be on Prograf instead of Gengraf. We will see tomorrow once all the results are in.

As for the Amyloidosis biospy, I should know those results maybe next week. Because of the rejection 2R last week, they want to be sure the Amyloidosis has not started to damage my new heart. I have an appointment with Stanford Medical Center, Dr. Shrier, Cancer Oncology for November 18th. Dr. Dana was not happy that it is so far out and she was going to call to get an appointment sooner. Kaiser feels I need to get on the Chemo sooner than later.

Dr. Dana said I am doing wonderful and she is soooo pleased with my recovery. She said I can start riding a stationary bike, treadmill and guess what - climb a flight of stairs. Alot of you know that is how it all started. I could not climb a flight of stairs. I'm so excited and will try tomorrow. I know my new heart is strong because when I do my walking exercise I can breathe way down in my lungs. I have not been able to do that or feel that feeling for a long time. It feels so good!

So until tomorrow when I receive my results, have a wonderful evening. Enjoy each and every moment in time.

love,
debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb. Its Sandra!! I am glad you are doing so well and your pictures are gorgeous! I love your dress....I know you are going to be fine..You are a very positive person and that is half the battle...I look forward to seeing you sometime when you get out of the hospital!!!

Sandra..:)

Beverly said...

debbie you have to stay away form fast food I know this because of my mom she is on dialysis and she can not have salt be careful....love you B

Anonymous said...

HI HURRAY YOUR COMING HOME GOOD FOR YOU BETCHA MOM'S HAPPY AND MARK AND THE OY'S AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I'LL BET YOUR BOTH PACKING AND SINGING LOL. I'LL BET YOU HAVE ALOT TO BRING HOME, IS SOMEONE COMING DOWN TO HELP YOU? I WOULD BUT CAN'T BECAUSE I WOULDN'T COME NEAR YOU WITH WHAT'S GOING ON WITH DON. WELL BE HAPPY YOUR LAST NIGHT THERE YIPPEE.

LOTS OF LOVE,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN