Friday, October 10, 2008

Two weeks Today - The most important moment in my life - my new shared heart!

Mom and I went to the hospital today for my weekly RN visit with Sue. These appointments are for a quick checkup of BP, HR, temperature, discussing medicines and lab work and overall health questions and concerns.

Sue said my lab work showed some slight changes to my overall body health. Nothing to do with the heart. My lab worked showed somekind of infection brewing and they are a little concern. She remove the stitches from the chest tube incusion, which feels good. She said it could be anything from those incusions to the surgery itself. Anyway, today is going to be a very restful day and hope this infection doesn't get worse. They will do lab work again on Tuesday to check the blood again. Also, the way my body cloths is a problem too. She asked me to increase my daily dose of aspirin to two. I feel great and will just watch for any signs of infection.

Kind of makes sense now, yesterday was a "lazy day". Mom and and I walked 30 minutes around the hotel complex. We watched "Bridges over Madison County" in the afternoon, had lunch and I took a long nap. I guess after hearing all about the lab work, it makes sense my body wants to rest and heal. So today, that's exactly what I plan to do. We watched my most favorite movie last night "Under the Tuscan Sun"! I can't WAIT to go back to Italy. I'm giving myself two years to return to Portoverniere. This time I would love to stay a few days there to really experience the people and culture. It would be a dream come true!

Oh, if you have been wondering I'm still learning "italiano". I have been listening to my Rosetta Stone tapes and Mom has helped alot. We sometimes speak little words together to help. She is learning too because she only knows Sicilian. It's alot of fun!

Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy every moment in time!

love,

Debbie

No comments: