Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT IN TIME

Just received my biopsy results - NO EVIDENCE OF REJECTION!!!!

I am so happy. My beautiful strong heart is well! God bless my donor and her family!

My lab results are perfect with the cyclosporine count at 243, which is where they want it. No changes in medicines for the next week.

I will take my last biopsy for the month next Tuesday and hopefully they will release me to go home on November 4th. Everything still depends on the next biopsy but I feel confident that the medicines are finally working properly.

I received a call today from Stanford Medical Center, Dr. Shrier who is the leading Amyloidosis doctor at Stanford. I have an appointment next Tuesday at 4:00PM to discuss my chemo treatment for the Amyloidosis. I'm very anxious to start Chemo because I don't want any damage to my heart or other organs. Chemo will not be fun. Dr. Kevin Anderson is having a rough time with it. Please say your prayers for him and me. We still have a battle to fight!

Before my transplant, alot of you know, I was not able to climb a flight of stairs. As a matter of fact, two days before I went into the hospital I couldn't climb 4 stairs at Mom's house. I asked Dr. Dana yesterday if I could try. She said I could do anything with my legs and nothing with the upper body for 12-16 weeks. So today, I climbed two flights of stairs with no shortness of breathe. It felt so wonderful!!! Mom and I also found out that the hotel has an exercise room with bikes, treadmills, weights etc. So we were there this morning and I rode the bike for 15 minutes at a good pace and could feel my heart pumping. I did it and feel great!!!! I will slowly increase my time over the next few weeks. What a beautiful feeling to breathe all the way down to my stomach area with no pain and no shortness of breathe.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. This day has been a wonderful moment in time.

Love,
Debbie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray!

Congratulations, Debbie!

We knew that our prayers, combined with your indomitable spirit, would win the day!

God Bless,

Sarah S.

Tamara said...

Hey Debbie,
What a day!!!!!!!
No more rejection or increase of mes.
2 flights of stairs.
Treadmill!!!
You must feel like a million bucks today.

I saw Ron today at work and he said to say "Hi" and he was thinking about you.
He said he'd probably go over and see Douglas tonight.
I asked around today to see if anyone could help with your dog, but no takers yet.
I sure enjoyed talking to you the last couple of days.

I'm so happy for you today!!!!!!!


Love,
Tami

Prayers for November 4th, wouldn't that be great?


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo and many more

Tamara said...

I can't spell tonight that is no more increase in medications.


Tami

Don and Andrea said...

We are thinking of you Debbie. Thanks for sharing this very personal "moment in time." I know your amazing courage will give strength to others.
Keep fighting-
Don and Andrea

Mary Ann said...

YEA SISSY YOU DID IT!!! I know you could. Each baby step you take is fabulous! Soon you will be running marathons! I love you I am so proud of you and I can't wait until you come home!
God bless you!
Mary Ann