Wednesday, October 29, 2008

GOING HOME
Good news! Going home tomorrow! Met with Sue at the Heart Transplant Center and my biopsy was a 1R (slight rejection). I was hoping for an NER but I'll take a lR. She asked the doctors if it was ok for me to go home and they said "yes". So Mom and I are packing our stuff and will be leaving in the morning. I'm so excited to be in my own home. It's been so long! Oh, Mom is excited to be in her house too! Especially, when I have her up at 5:00AM. Ha Ha
I want everyone to know how much I appreciate all the cards, flowers, prayers and kind thoughts you have sent to me. The support has helped me through my recovery and I could not have done this without my family and friends. I still have a long road to travel but the comfort I feel knowing I have a strong support group keeps me going.
Sue also said that the heart transplant doctors do not want me to begin the drug I mentioned yesterday in my blog. They are concerned with the dosage and what it will do to my bones. They are checking with the Mayo Clinic and Stanford before any chemo is started. So for now, I will wait for their direction.
The next few days will be busy grocery shopping, unpacking and settling into my home. I will update tomorrow night after I'm home.
I will definitely enjoy this moment in time!!!
love,
debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
God Bless you. I am so happy for you, and look forward to hearing from you when you get home. Love to you and Auntie...bet your glad to be heading home.
Love you,
Cousin Maria