Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday afternoon was great. I had a lot of visitors and it felt good to spend time with them. My cousins Mike, Bob, Vincie, Sandy, Angie and Donna all came to visit. We laugh so much about the fun times we had growing up. I know they were so happy to finally see me. It's been a long 6 months of waiting for this to come. I know they were scared, I could especially see it in my cousin Angie's face, but I think yesterday helped relieve her tensions. See the cute picture of all of them with me. Mark, Erin and Markie left at 1:30PM to go back to Santa Rosa. They have work today and Big Mark of course had to see his Pittsburg Steelers win last night. We had a nice weekend. They spent the night at Grandma Ruby's (Erin's grandma who is 91 years young)house in San Jose. They came yesterday and Markie spent the morning setting up my lap top with all the special stuff for me to communicate while staying at the hotel. Everything is running great! Sissy Kathy brought her Wii system and I never laughed so hard watching Erin playing boxing (pictures to come). Big Mark brought Mom and I a new DVD player because the hotel room did not have one. Nana brought all the old movies and I want to watch movies at night, except for Monday and Tuesday when "Dancing with the Stars" is on. Gary and Debbie along with Susan and Doug Provencher came by after their trip to Los Angeles. I think Gary and Debbie feel comfortable knowing where I'm at and that the hotel room is nice. I did have to say its not "The Peninsula Beverly Hills" but it will do for now. Can't wait to go back to The Peninsula soon. They brought me a beautiful robe and slippers from the Montage Laguna Niguel. It is sooooo warm!!! Ross Hawkins and his girlfriend Cynthia and girls came to visit too. It was nice seeing him. He is one of my special clients and certainly a true friend. The evening was quiet. Sissy made a beautiful dinner with chicken tortellini, meatball and of course Nana's frittata. I was sooo full! We watched a movie and tried to stay up till 10:00PM. Night time is hard because I don't sleep good. I wake up several times and have a hard time going back to sleep. I'm sure it is the drugs! Oh by the way, everything I do or say that might be bad, I'm blaming on the drugs (steroids). It will only be this month for the worst part and this week they say will be the WORST. I have apologized to Mom before and hope I don't hurt her feelings. She understands. Today is going to be very quiet. No visitors scheduled and I will do my walking (at least 30 minutes per day) and rest. Tomorrow is going to be hectic. I have to be at the hospital at 7:00AM for my first heart biopsy, echo, EKG, x rays, lab and clinic. Tuesdays are big days for me this next month, so I want to rest today. Keep praying for me especially when I have a heart biopsy and my new chant each week will be "NER", which means "NO EVIDENCE REJECTION". I realize the first few biopsy will have some small form of rejection, it is just normal. I'm hoping for NER as the weeks go by. Keep praying!!! I can feel all your love and support!!

3 comments:

The Mayor said...

Debbie I am sooooooooooo happy for you..!!!!!!!!!


Charles

kevinandbarbie said...

Debbie, I am so glad that you are doing so well. The insomnia does get better, although some crazy and fun ideas often occurred a 3:00 AM. It's really important to record your thoughts and feelings. You will appreciate them so much, even a month from now. Things change so fast. (for the better) We are so fortunate. See you next week

Kevin

Mary Ann said...

Hi Sissy,

I want to tell you how proud I am of you and how much I love you. I'm sorry I havent been able to come see you. But I will see you soon. I look at that picture of you and me on the pony when we were little and it makes me smile. You are such a wonderful human being and I am so blessed to have you as my sister. I dont know what I would have done without you in my life over the years. And I sure as heck dont ever want to know. You have such a strong support of family and friends that love you and that are pulling for you. And as far as Gary & Debbie my god all I can say is thank you and we love you both so much and thank you for being my sisters angels!!! You are stuck with all of us now your family. I love love love you sissy and I cant wait until this journey is behind you and you are running marathons and traveling and enjoying everything that life has to offer you because you deserve it. And I cant wait till the day you see your first grandchild and thank god you are here. (So Marky & Erin get with it you two!!!)
I love you sissy with all my heart you are my rock you are my best friend and I love you.
Love
Mary Ann