Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First Biospy on my new Heart

Yesterday was a very busy day, althrough I already knew what was in stored because Kevin and Tippy have kept me informed.

Mom and I got up at 5:00AM, had breakfast and went to the hospital by 7:00AM for my first heart biospy, lab work, right heart cath, x rays and clinic visit. Every Tuesday morning this month I will be at the hospital for these and other additional tests, such as echo and infusions of immo suppress drugs.

I did have a heart biospy in July to determine that my heart was damaged and I did have the disease Amyloidosis. Yesterday did not go so smooth. My body they said was "dry". This means they had a hard time entering the vein in my neck to do the biospy and heart cath. It took forever and of course last night I was so sore. I have not taken any pain medicine since last week and last night I had to. Then as things will go the machine that caluculates pressure on my new heart BROKE, right in the middle of all of this. So this was to take a half hour in and out, took over an hour. Needless to say, Mom was upset. I keep saying this is just my moment in time and it is VERY important to take these tests.

The tests will determine the level of rejection my new heart is currently in. Remember I am taking (haven't taken a picture yet of the medicine) 19 pills in the morning; 2 noon and 16 in the evening to help my body not reject my new heart.

The level of rejection is broken down into various levels such as 1A, 1B, 2A and the one we want the most is NER (no evidence of rejection). The doctors states it is not if but when your body will start rejecting the new heart. They treat the rejection with of course, more pills and different drugs. These drugs are what will keep me alive for the rest of my life. I will always have to take the drugs to prevent rejection.

I will know this afternoon the results of my first heart biospy and lab work. The right heart cath pressures of my new heart were excellent from what Dr. Park stated. The heart is very strong and everything looks great. Thank God! I am so blessed.

Have a wonderful moment in time.
Debbie

No comments: