Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Recovering and Feel Good

Today is Tuesday and I had a very busy weekend. I am feeling good.

On Friday, June 26th, I had an appointment at Stanford to see Dr. Aeria for my checkup after stem cell transplant. All lab work was perfect and she is very pleased with my recovery. The fatigue she said is normal and will take some time to recover. I have to be patient. My appetite is still not normal but I am trying to eat as much as possible to feed my body. I will continue to rest and relax at home and at my trailer in Lake County.

My brother and Rachel's wedding was absolutely beautiful. It was very hot that day but the celebration was wonderful. Rachel looked like a princess and brother was so happy. They are now in Maui on their honeymoon. I hope to have pictures soon to share with everyone.

I visited Auntie Mary Joan on Friday and she was in good spirits. I don't understand her reasoning why she made the decision not to seek medical attention when she discovered the lump in her breast. I do respect and accept her decision now to not prolong her life but all of us are selfish because we want her here enjoying every moment life has to bring. She kept saying how brave I was to go through all I have been through. Yes maybe it is bravery but I want to live. I want to make memories and moments that take my breath away and I plan to live each moment doing just that. She and Don have decided to marry and live what time they have together making those beautiful memories. I am so happy for both of them. She is a beautiful person and deserves the best. Please continue to pray for her that she won't suffer and God will take her when he feels she has had enough. I love her so very much and will miss all those comments she will post on this blog. I will cherish them forever. Love you Auntie.

Maxwell was in Minneapolis over the weekend trying out for a team from Texas. He made the all star team and scored the winning goal in overtime. We are so proud of him. He was asked to come back to the main camp in August and hopefully he has a good chance to make the team. I will let everyone know.

Today Max and I will go to Costco to get my meat and some little things. I haven't been to Costco in months and I love their meat. I want to stock up the house and the trailer too.

My next appointment with the BMT doctors will be on July 6th. I have a heart biopsy scheduled for July 14th and an appointment with Dr. Schrier about my disease that day too. I'm a little nervous about meeting with Dr. Schrier to see how successful the stem cell transplant was. I'm hoping it was.

Have a wonderful day and remember make every moment count.

Love,
Debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why?
that is still the question I have.
WHY?
Why does things happen in our family?
Why do the people we love so much have to leave so soon?
Why do the good die young?
Why do the people in our life who mean so much to use have to suffer with this curse that is on us?

I love you Auntie, and I do not know the severity of your illness but like sissy says make everyday count. My sister inlaw mad everyday count and we were all blessed with the time we spent with her. Smile, Laugh, Love and spend your time like that, there is no saddness there is love and laughter of everyday we get to be in your presents.

I love you anuntie..

And I love you too Sissy, Mommy, Siisy Mary and Joey

Love me

Anonymous said...

Oh Sorry and you too Rachel, I don't know you to well but I hope someday we can be friends.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sorry and you too Rachel, I don't know you to well but I hope someday we can be friends.