Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Going Home

Going home tomorrow. Can't tell you how I feel to know I finally get to go home. I have told the doctors getting out of the hospital meant a step towards recovery, going to the apartment another step and now going home is the ultimate step. I want to go home and begin my new normal life.

Mom and I went to Stanford today for my appointment at 11:00AM. The nurse took blood draws including clyosporine. That's when I start to get nervous. Waiting for the results and wondering if all the counts will be ok to go home. My life has changed in the last nine months that all I think about is numbers. Numbers like blood pressure, heart rate, light chains, white blood cell, platelets and more. I'm hoping someday I could think about other things, like what trips I'm planning, visiting friends and enjoying life.

So my white cell count went down a little to 7.4 but my platelets went up to 317. Amity my doctor who has been taking care of me was pleased with the results and said it was time to go home. She took out that stupid catheter (I called them tassels) and does that feel good. I have an appointment next Friday with BMT at Stanford for checkup.

Mom and I got back to the apartment at 4:00PM and I was starving. She made me a tuna melt and I fell asleep for an hour. I feel good and don't think I will sleep much tonight cause I'm so excited to get home.

So tomorrow we will get up early and pack up and be on the road by 10:00AM and home by noon. I plan to rest and relax at home. Maxwell is doing all the cooking and I can't wait to be there with him. Mom and I have been watching the food channel alot and I have alot of recipes I want to try out. I'm going to buy the inside grill cast iron plate for the stove, so Max and I can grill meat inside.

Have a wonderful evening. Next time I write it will be from home!

love,
Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAY YOUR GOING HOME. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I LOVE YOU GIVE MOM MY LOVE. I'LL TALK TO YOU SOON. HOME SWEET HOME THAT'S SO GREAT.

JENNY JUST WALKED IN SO I NEED TO CLOSE.

ALL MY LOVE,

ALWAYS,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Anonymous said...

HURRAY YOUR GOING HOME. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I LOVE YOU GIVE MOM MY LOVE. I'LL TALK TO YOU SOON. HOME SWEET HOME THAT'S SO GREAT.

JENNY JUST WALKED IN SO I NEED TO CLOSE.

ALL MY LOVE,

ALWAYS,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! Hope to see you soon. Love, Debbie C.

Marie said...

Oh Debbie what great news.
So glad you and Mom are going home We are so happy for you.
Hope the time goes by quick so you can get up tomorrow morning and get home Love you much take care
Your cuz Marie