Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Heart Transplant Appointment Today

Today I had an appointment at Kaiser Heart Transplant. Stanford doctors wanted me to have a checkup by heart transplant doctors before being released to go home.

I saw Dr. Kahle who performed an echo cardiogram. According to Dr. Kahle everything looked great. Heart function was normal. He also checked my heart rate and blood pressure because I have been having some problems with both. My blood pressure and heart rate were good and he felt there was nothing wrong. He thinks the change in medication could have caused the increase in heart rate and blood pressure. I am scheduled for a heart biopsy next month on
July 14th. I have several appointments that day. First will be heart biopsy, support group meeting and doctor appointment with Dr. Schrier at Stanford. It will be a busy day!

I'm feeling good except for the stomach or upper GI system problems. I keeping purping up air and it causes so much nausea. My appetite is not good because of the taste in my mouth and the nausea. Tonight Mom made cream of wheat and it was wonderful.

Well tomorrow hopefully will be my last day at ITA before being released to go home. I will let everyone know when I return from Stanford. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that I can go home on Thursday.

Speaking of prayers. Please say a prayer for Gary and Debbie, his Mom Kathleen and the family. Gary's dad Harold pass away peacefully today. We have another angel in heaven and how lucky are we. God bless him.

Enjoy each and every moment no matter what they bring!

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI DEBBIE:

WELL SOUNDS LIKE EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT FOR YOU GO GIRL. I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT GARY'S DAD. PLEASE LET HIM KNOW I'M THINKINGB OF HIM DEBBIE AND HIS MOM. CREAM OF WHEAT SOUNDED GOOD WHEN YOUR STOMACH IS UPSET. I HOPE THAT FEELING GOES AWAY SOON. WELL MAYBE TWO MORE DAYS AND YOU'LL BE BACK HOME. THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME.WELL I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL TOMORROW. GIVE YOUR MOM MY LOVE AND I HOPE YOU GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP. TALK TO YOU TOMORROW.

LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES,

ALWAYS,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN