Monday, June 15, 2009

Appointment at ITA Today

Just got back to the apartment from the ITA. My lab work all looks good. White blood cell count dropped from 27 to 9. I was a little nervous thinking that if it drops again like that then that could be a problem. Doctor was not concerned and she said if it does they would give me Neuopgen shot to bring the count back up. She did say she wanted to see me again on Wednesday and if all goes well with the lab work, we can go home on Thursday. She also said she would take the catherter out on Wednesday too. I have an appointment at heart transplant tomorrow at 1:45PM and the doctors from bone marrow did not want to release me until after being checked by heart transplant.

I will for the next few months have appointments with BMT every week, heart biopsy next month and I have an appointment with Dr. Schrier on July 14th. I'm excited to see the results of my light chain count and to see if the stem cell transplant worked.

Mom and I are going to be lazy today and just rest. I'm not feeling very strong today and want to rest. I have been sleeping better since the doctor said I could start taking my sleeping pills at night.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI DEBBIE:

WELL SOUNDS LIKE ALL IS GOING WELL. I HOPE YOUR WHITE CELL GOES UP AND IF YOU HAVE TO STAY A FEW MORE DAYS SO BE IT YOU WANT TO BE ON YOUR WAY TO RECOVERY WHEN YOU LEAVE THERE AND NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO SPEND A COUPLE OF MORE DAYS WITH YOUR MOM. POOR KID HA HA. YOUR DOING SO GOOD AFTER ALL THIS WHAT'S A FEW MORE DAYS. I HOPE GARY HAD SOME WORD ON HIS DAD GIVE THEM MY LOVE. JUST GOT BACK FROM DOING MY NAILS AND I AM RELAXING TOO. WELL TAKE CARE AND A BIG HUG FOR YOUR MOM. WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

LOTS OF LOVE,

ALWAYS,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Barbara Lynch Samarati said...

Debbie,
As I have said many times on your blog comments, you are the luckiest girl in the world. It may not seem like it because of everything you are going through, but I say you are lucky because I think that 99% of the people out there that might be going through something similar don't have the unbelievable love and support you have. I read through your blogs all the time. I keep up with what you are going through because I have always considered you a special woman. And I want you to know that when I read about how supportive your family is, it makes me want to cry because I am so happy that you all have each other. I tell my husband and my friends every day to enjoy every momemt, don't put off what you think you absolutely must put off until "tomorrow", because you just might miss out on a part of life that is so special and will never be repeated. It probably sounds strange to hear, but HOW LUCKY you really are my dear. Love is the most beautiful thing in the world and you are surrounded by it. You asked for everyone to pray for your family and I have been praying for you and your entire family during this entire process. Tons of love from my small heart as compared to your big and beautiful heart. Hello to Mark, Markie and Erin, your mom and anyone else whose path may have crossed mine through the years.

HUGS!

Barbara Lynch Samarati