Friday, June 12, 2009

First Day at ITA

Yesterday was my first day at ITA (Infusion Treatment Area) at Stanford. Our appointment was at 10:30AM and we didn't get home until 4:00PM. It was another long day!

My blood work looks really good. White cell count is up to 33 and platelets went up to 216. The doctor is so amazed at how my body has responded. Most stem cell patients do not start producing platelets until weeks after transplant. My platlets have gone from 27 to 216 in less than a week.

The only problems I am having is that my cylorsporine count is high at 283. This is causing my heart rate to go up over 110. Yesterday at the ITA, my heart rate was 114 and last night it was up to 116. This morning my blood pressure finally came down to 128/88 but my heart rate was 116. Mom and I think its the medication I'm taking. Believe me I am taking more medication now then I did after the heart transplant. Looking at the bathroom counter it looks like a drug store counter. There are at least over 50 different bottles of pills. So this morning when I go to ITA I will discuss with the doctors the increase in heart rate. They will draw blood again this morning to check my cylorsporine count and decide what to do then.

Other than being extremely tired I am feeling good. I haven't slept great because I keep waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or just stare at the ceiling. I'm going to ask today if I can take my sleeping pills again. Today should be an easy day. Our appointment is at 9:30AM and hopefully I won't need any infusions so we can get out of there quick.

The doctors did say they will see me next week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. This was disappointing because I thought I could go home by at least Wednesday. I'm hoping things will change next week and they let me go home sooner. I have to take it one day at a time.

Have wonderful day.

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL IT'S NOON I HOPE YOUR HOME BY NOW. I HOPE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IS BETTER AND I HOPE YOU GET SOME SLEEP. I KNEW YOU'D BE TIRED WHEN YOU GOT TO THE MOTEL YOU'VE BEEN THOUGH A LOT GIRL. YESTERDAY DIDN'T HELP THAT WAS A LONG DAY. WELL LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING LATER I'LL CHECK THE BLOG. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR NOT COMING HOME NEXT WEEK. GIVE MY LOVE TO MOM AND ENJOY YOUR TIME AND HAVE A LOT OF SPECIAL MOMENTS. THE TIME WILL GO BY FAST AND IT'S BETTER THEN BEING AT STANFORD. ARE YOU ENJOYING THE HOME COOKED MEALS OR STILL TOO TIRED TO ENJOY MUCH? I LOVE YOU TAKE CARE GOTTA GET DUFFY TO THE GROOMERS BY ONE. TALK TO YOU LATER.

HUGS AND KISSES,

ALWAYS,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, I'm so glad you are out of the hospital and your counts are looking good. I hope food starts tasting better for you. Your picture with Tippi is beautiful! We can hardly wait to see you when you get back home. Take care, Love you,
Debbie & Steve
PS: Anita has pictures to share with you of your brother & fiance checking out the wedding yard. It's going to be beautiful and sounds like you will be able to be there!