Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day +5 and Day +6

Today is Thursday Day +6. My white blood cell count has dropped to 0.2. In less than a half hour I start the Neupogen shot that will help stimulate my stem cells to start multiplying.

Yesterday and today has been time to rest and relax. I have been watching movies and playing on my lap top. Mark and Mom came to visit today and stayed for the afternoon. I'm confined to my room so there was no where to go but here. It was a nice visit. I miss everyone so much and its hard when they have to leave.

Matthew fly up from Los Angeles to come visit today also. It was so good to see him. It was a short visit but he promised to come back tomorrow. I miss Matt so much.

Maxwell flew to Omaha Nebraska tonight for try outs tomorrow. He will stay with a host family and I hope he does well during the try outs. He has been working so hard for this. He will be gone until Monday.

I will have plenty of visitors the next few days. Matthew will be here tomorrow, Mark will come on Saturday and Mom, Joey and Rachel will be here on Sunday. I'm so happy they come to visit because it gets so boring and lonely here.

Doctors are so happy with the way my progress is going. Nurse Beth just gave me the shot Neupogen and this will help stimulate my bone marrow to produce more stem cells and increase my white blood cell count. I asked the doctor today if I would get to leave before June 12th and she kind of sounded like June 12th was too long and maybe I would get to leave sooner. I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm praying I get to leave soon. I will then have to stay at the apartment for a week or two. I can't wait to be able to sleep all night and not be waken up every two hours by the nurses or having to go to the bathroom. Also, I'll be happy when Mom can fix me some good food. As I said before, the heart transplant was so easy, this is not!!!

I watched the movie "Calendar Girls" today. Cute movie! Tonight I want to watch the Brad Pitt movie "Curious Benjamin" but think I might wait till tomorrow. I feel tired tonight.

I tried to eat dinner and started with a bake potato. Immediately my stomach started bothering me and that was it. I saved my egg sandwich for later in case I get hungry. I'm hungry but than food doesn't settle well. Nurse Beth said this is all about the chemo I received last week. It affects the digestive and stomach tracts. I have been pretty lucky not to have experienced the mouth sores or fever. I'm knocking on wood that it won't happen but as I have done for the past 9 days I sit and wait.

I hope you are having a wonderful evening and enjoying every moment.

Love,
Debbie

3 comments:

Tippi said...

If you get out before the 10th then Scott and I will visit you at apartment ok?
Tip

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:

It's midnight and I just got mback from Don's I try tospend some alone time with him and Wendy and Jack go to bed. I givve him him pills at midnight and get him settled and then come home. It's nice to have him home. Last night we played pedro and he enjoyed that very much. I'm glad you seen Mark and Mom today snd your son. I hope everything goes well for your other son with his try outs. I sure hope everything goes well for you now we all know this will be a challenge for you. Just keep thinkinging about going to the motel and having Mom cook you some real home cooked meals. She's such a great cook.I have been thinking a lot about you and hoping all the best for you. Your VERY SPECIAL PERSON IN MY LIFE. I love you take care talk to you soon.

Love Always,

Auntie Mary Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you on Sunday! Love you lots and will bring lots of hugs and kisses for you!!! Until then, I hope you're feeling better! Rach