Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recovery

I have been resting and relaxing the last few days. To be honest, I haven't felt that great. I am still having problems with my upper GI system with moments of purping. It builds up and then the purping starts which relieves the pain. I can't eat and have to force myself to eat, especially at night. I have lost weight which is no big deal because I gained over 30 after heart transplant. I am hungry and then sit now to eat, take a few bites and feel full. Last night Maxwell made a wonderful roasted chicken with stuffing. The smell made me so sick and I couldn't eat. I waited until almost 9:00PM to eat some cream of wheat to get my pills down. I am also so fatigue which is so different than the heart transplant. After heart transplant, I felt great. After a few months I was exercising with no problems. Now I can barely get to the bathroom without feeling out of breath and so tired. I did talk to Dr. Kevin and he is feeling the same way, so I know it is not my heart.

I hate feeling so bad everyday. I mean not being able to do the things I did after heart transplant. The doctors have said that after stem cell transplant it could be 6-9 months before you feel normal again. I guess I have to be patient. It's so hard when you have been the kind of person who goes and goes and suddenly you can't even walk across the room. I will take it day at a time. I see Dr. Aeria on Friday at Stanford and hopefully she can explain what is going on.

Saturday is brother Joey's wedding. Rachael and him are so excited. It is going to be a beautiful wedding. I'm so happy for them to start their new life together. I told Rachael all that matters is the moment she sees my brother at the end of the aisle waiting for her. That will be a moment that takes their breath away. Isn't that what life is about?

Please say a special prayer for my sister Kathy's friend Brandy's sister Sheri. She is very sick and needs our prayers. I believe in prayers because without your prayers I could have not made it through all this. So say a special prayer for Sheri.

Today I will stay at home and rest. It is going to be so hot! I'm excited I get to go to the trailer for 4th of July and on July 17th I will go to Tahoe (my favorite place) for Jeff and Christine's wedding. I haven't been to Tahoe in about 5 years so this will be fun. In August Mark and I have planned a trip to Monterey. I got a beautiful room on the beach at the Best Western Beach Resort Hotel. I planned to take little trips here and there. I want to enjoy life and make memories.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Wow, have you been through a lot. I cannot tell you how helpful it is to stay in contact with you thru your blog. Each day, your journey at this time of your life has been one challenge and one miracle after the next. Your amazing that through it all you still can manage to keep us informed on your progress, even when we can't be there with you.
It is cute that Maxi is the chef in the house, that must be nice. I hope your appetite picks up and your eating better soon. I'm sure many folks have already told you that you have to eat...try a smoothie every now and then, acai, blueberries, cranberries...are all good for you if you cannot eat food. A very busy June is all but here and gone. I hope you will forgive me that my time to spend with you has been so sparce. I will be attending Joe's wedding this weekend and look forward to seeing you. Mike and I may plan on staying overnight, so we are not rushed. I have thought of you often, I pray for you, and your friends and love ones, and I love you. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Love Maria