Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday - Day +3

Today has been quiet. Nurses have you up early to eat breakfast, shower and do morning exercises. My exercise consists of walking around th E1 unit halls. I can't go too far away because I'm on a heart monitor and the alarms in Carliogy go off if I go too far.

I had a little spell of nausea this afternoon before lunch and called the nurse immediately for nausea medicine. Within 5-10 minutes the nausea was gone. The chemo has left me with an awful taste in my mouth. I'm hungry but when the food gets here it smells awful and tastes awful. I try to force as much down as possible. There are some things that taste ok, like the bake potato I had tonight. It was good. I miss my salads and honey mustard chicken. I can't wait to get to the apartment where Nana can start feeding me what I like. You would laugh to see the "crisp bacon". It looks like a piece of lace, make that a limp piece of lace. For now all I can dream about is the big avocado, cheese, bacon and tomato omelet with sour dough french bread toast at Norm's Kitchen. I love breakfast!

Today I watched a cute movie called "Only You". It was a romantic comedy set in Italy. I love watching movies that have sites all over Italy. I saw a lot of places I have visited. Posintano is one place I really want to spend time. It is the small little city in the movie called Under the Tuscan Sun and was featured in this movie today. It looks like a quiet little hillside citta. It would be a perfect place to settle in for a week or two and become one of the villagers. I was surprised at how much I was able to understand the language spoken in the movie. The words are there somewhat I just have to continue studying and putting everything together.

Tomorrow is Tuesday and Mom and Maxwell will be here to visit. I can't wait. It gets so lonely here by myself. I miss my family, friends and home. You don't realize how much until its gone. I keep counting the days until June 12th, which is the earliest they will let me go to the apartment and hopefully I will only be there for a week or two.

Make moments that take your breath away!

Love,
Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sissy,
Just wanted to say hello. I want to come visit you but I have a cold. and well we won't go there. I love you and miss you. I guess I'm feeling kind of lonely too. Reading your blog and seeing how everyone comes and sees you and I can't.
I am going to wack myself with VITAMINS and get better so I can come visit you.
I get to find out Wed if I'm getting a Grand Daughter or Grand Son. they say they can find out early now. I'll let you know and I will post pic's on my myspace and facebook.

I hope you start feeling better too. I remember all this with Brenda & Dorothy, the bad tasting thing in your mouth. I remember Brenda telling me how she can't wait till fruit taste good again.

Well it is late and I have to go to bed, I love you.

Love me
your lil sis

Anonymous said...

HI DEBBIE:

Your Mom said you were feeling pretty good today, I hope you get down to zero tommorow so you can start climbing back up, I know food doesn't taste to good right now but it will soon. Sounds like your watching some good movies, Mom can't wait to see you tommorow,Don came home today he's doing much better,I've been thinking a lot about you and praying that this will hurry up and get you over these bad days. We are all praying for you and can't wait til this is all behind you. Your one brave lady. Well must get to bed I Love You.

Always,

Auntie Mary Joan

Anonymous said...

We at the Squaglia house all wish you the best and we all want to say we Love you Much Our prayers are always with you Debbie.

Your cuz Marie

Anonymous said...

Debbie Please give Mom a big Hug & Kiss for Vic & I and tell her we love her too. She is a very special Aunt and A wonderful Mom.
Love Ya Marie