Tuesday, June 9, 2009

GOOD NEWS

DOCTORS ARE RELEASING ME TO GO TO THE APARTMENT TOMORROW, JUNE 10TH!

Can't tell you how happy I am. I'm hoping I will stay at the apartment for only a week and be able to go home.

Doctors are so pleased with my recovery. My white cell count went up to 5.1 and most importantly my body is making its own platelets. This does not occur for weeks after most stem cell transplants. I have made it over the hill and I'm on my way to recovery.

So tomorrow Mark and Mom will be here early at 9:00AM to meet with the doctors to review my care instructions. I will have to go to the ITA (Infusion Treatment Area) each day for daily blood draws and infusions, if necessary. Once I am released from the ITA I will be able to go home. From then on I will be seen by the Bone Marrow Clinic once a week until being sent back to Kaiser for future treatment.

I cried when the doctors told me I could go home. They even had tears in their eyes. It is a moment I will never forget! A moment that took my breath away.

Hope to see everyone soon.

Love,
Debbie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI DEBBIE,
THATS SO GREAT MOM GETS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU NOW. IM SO GLAD ITS GOING SO WELL FOR YOU. HOW ABOUT THAT BACHLORETTE SHOW LAST NIGHT? WOW LIKE THE GUYS WOULD ADMIT IT. I THINK THE OTHER ONES WILL FINK ON THEM NEXT WEEK.HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY.
DENISE

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

That’s Great! Your body is working double time making all those little cells. The worst is over…now it’s all about feeling a little better each day and eventually having your normal life back. Get lots of rest today, you have a big day tomorrow.

Love You,
Donna

Anonymous said...

HI DEBBIE;

WELL TODAY IS YOUR BIG DAY I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOW EXCITED YOU MUST BE I JUST KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM FOR YOU. I KNOW YOUR MOM IS SO PROUD OF YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET DOWN THERE AND SHARE ALL THOSE SPECIAL MOMENTS WITH YOU. SHE'S GOING TO COOK EVERYTHING AND ANY THING YOUR HEART DESIRES. UNCLE JAKE AND AUNT JEANNIE WERE SO HAPPY YOU ARE LEAVING THE HOSPITAL AND DOING SO WELL. JUST THINK EVERYTHING IS UPHILL FOR YOU NOW HURRAY. I'LL WRITE AGAIN SOON JUST WANTED TO SAY GOODMORNING AND I KNOW THIS WILL BE A VERY GOOD MORNING FOR YOU, I LOVE YOU.

HAPPY DAY ENJOY YOU DESERVE IT.

HUGS AND LOTS OF KISSES,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Mary Ann said...

Good morning Sissy!
Well your on your way! Now it's time for fun and living a better life. We are going to have so much fun at brother's and our new sis wedding I can't wait! It will be a time of great celabration. We have so much to be thankful for. Get lots of rest ok I love you so much!
Mary Ann