Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Discharged from Hospital

Today I was discharged from the hospital. It was an exhausting day. By the time I was released and got medication from Kaiser and to the apartment it was 4:00PM. Needless to say Mom and I were tired.

We spent the next 3 hours in total silence (no TV) relaxing. Just got done eating dinner and will most likely go to bed early tonight. At least I will be able to sleep and not be woken up every two hours for vitals or to go to the bathroom. I'm feeling good but really tired.

Tomorrow we have an appointment at the ITA at Stanford 10:30AM. Everyone says this is a long day and that they make you wait for hours. So we will be patient.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. They gave me the strength to get through this.

Have a wonderful evening and I will write more tomorrow.

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI DEBBIE:

WELL THANK GOD YOUR BOTH AT THE MOTEL AND CAN RELAX AND GET A GOOD NIGHTS REST I HOPE. I'LL BET YOU ENJOYED YOUR DINNER. I KNOW IT WAS A LONG DAY TODAY BUT IT WAS WORTH IT TO GET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL. YOU AND YOUR MOM CAN KICK BACK AND ENJOY EACH OTHER AND SHARE THOSE SPECIAL MOMENTS TOGETHER. I HOPE THEY DON'T MAKE YOU WAIT TOO LONG TOMORROW YOU'D THINK THEY'D PLAN THEIR DAYS SCHEDULE BETTER THATS TERRIBLE TO MAKE YOU WAIT 2 OR 3 HOURS. CAN YOU IMAGINE US SHOWING UP 2 OR 4 HOURS LATE THEY WOULD NOT SEE US.WELL I AM SO HAPPY YOUR FEELING BETTER AND EACH DAY WILL GET BETTER NOW. THATS NICE THAT TIPPI CAME TO SEE YOU YOU BOTH LOOKED SO HAPPY. WELL GOTTA RUN LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES.

ALWAYS,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Anonymous said...

Debbie you are so brave and strong. If anyone can get through this it is you. I saw Kevin at support and he looked great. From what I heard, it sounds like the transplant went pretty well for you. I hope you recover asap so you can return to your life. Have a great night and a better tomorrow. Love Matt 9/27