Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday or Day +2

Slept ok last night except being woken up every two hours for vitals. My Hematocrit level was 33, so no blood transfusions last night. White blood cell count is down to 4.3 and platlets down to 233. Nurses will take blood draws again tonight to see where my counts are today.

Yesterday I had a big surprise! My brother Joey came down and stayed with me all day. We had a great visit. Rachel was having her bridal shower so he thought he would come visit me. It was a special moment. I felt bad falling asleep during our visit but he understood. I love my little brother.

Today Mark, Mom, Maxwell and Markie came to visit. It was so good to see them. I haven't seen them since Tuesday. Maxwell teased about wearing the doctors scrubs and said he would never make it as a doctor. Markie helped me set up Nexflix so I can download and order movies while I'm here in the hospital. I watched "Made in Honor" this afternoon. Cute movie. I loved the background scenes in Scotland. Another place I need to put on my list of places to go.

Tonight I am going to watch the 2nd game of the Stanley Cup finals between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings. Pittsburgh lost last night and hopefully can come back tonight. I hope my blood work comes back fine so I can get some rest tonight.

Tomorrow night is my favorite program "The Bachelorette". I missed the show last week because I went to dinner. So I'm excited to see which bachelors are still on the show.

Thank you to everyone who have made comments on the blog. I appreciate your love and support.

Have a wonderful evening! Wish I was with you!

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

stace said...

Good morning Deb -

Just wanted to let you know that wer'e thinkin of you and sending you love and hugs!

x0x0
Stace, Jim, Dev and Jessa

Mary Ann said...

WOW!!

Now how in the world could it be possible you can be even more beautiful without hair? Just amazing. Throughout this process I have said how proud I am of you and I can go on saying it. I wish the world could know how wonderful you are sissy and how much I love you. We will look back on these days one day and be greatful that we have the new life that you will have. Please do what the doctors tell you to do dont be tough if you need help ask for it!! We are all her to support you and we all love you so much.
Love
Mary Ann