Monday, May 18, 2009

Counting Down

Counting down to the beginning of my new normal life. Today is Monday and in just 8 days I begin the next part of the stem cell transplant. This is the part I have stressed most about. I know I will be sick, when I feel so good now. I know its just a short time and maybe I will be lucky enough not to experience all of the bad things that happen when undergoing chemo. We have to wait and see.

I had a wonderful weekend. Mark and I drove to the lake to see the trailer. I was able to walk from the lake to my trailer without shortness of breath. That was such an accomplishment for me because last September it took me 4 times stopping to catch my breath before I made it to my trailer. I walked all around the trailer park visiting with friends and never felt out of breath. I am so blessed! I made a list of things I need done to the trailer before I spend my recovery time there this summer. I want it cleaned top to bottom to remove all dust, spider webs and to disinfect it. It is so important after the stem cell transplant to live in a dust free environment.

Yesterday and this week I plan to spend it resting and relaxing before next week. I will be packing, paying bills, and taking care of last minute things because I will be gone for 4-6 weeks.

Please read the following poem written by a young cancer patient who has 6 months to live. Her words say it all and I hope you will listen. This is exactly what I have tried to say and teach each of us to live our lives. Live your life as a "Slow Dance".

Have a wonderful week and enjoy each moment!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: