Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Waiting - 6 Days and Counting

6 days and counting till May 26th when I will be admitted to the hospital to begin the stem cell transplant. Wow, it is so scary to think in just a few short days I will be spending the next 3 weeks in the hospital. What's more scary is most of that time I will be really sick. It's the unknown that makes it scary. I don't know if I'm going to get mouth sores, nausea, bleeding and whatever else my body decides to do. I do know that the doctors will give me medication to help make me comfortable during this time.

This week I have just been resting. Monday and Tuesday I didn't have much energy and stayed at home. Today felt better but as soon as I started doing too much, I became fatigue. I saw the movie "The Reader" today. Good movie. No wonder why Kate Winslow won the Academy Award.

Tomorrow Max and I will take a ride to Potter Valley to visit Grandma, Mark's Mom. She wants us to bring some things up, like jelly beans. She loves her sweets. I also brought some chicken breakfast sausage I want her to try. If you remember Mark's Mom got sick the same time I had my heart transplant. Recently she had several lump nodes taken out for biopsy and today a few more were taken out. She has lost alot of weight and we need to get her to start eating again. I'm bringing her whole chickens, mixed nuts, the chicken sausage and more. Anything to get her to eat.

Don't have any plans for the Memorial Day weekend this year. So sad I can't go to the trailer and be with my friends. First time in many years, but there's always next year. Mark and I will spend the night at cousin Marie's house on Monday. We have to be at the hospital Tuesday morning by 9:00AM and her house is about half hour away from Stanford.

Have a wonderful evening!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: