Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Day is Here!

CASSIE

MARKIE AND ERIN

MARKIE AND MAXWELL

MARKIE AND MAXWELL



Tomorrow is the beginning of the next step towards my "new normal life"


Tomorrow we leave for the apartment and my first hospital stay at Stanford. Then on Thursday morning I begin the first shot of neupogen and catheter placement. I will continue taking these shots morning and evening until the goal is reached = 3-5 million stem cells are collected. Collection begins on Monday, May 11th. Normally it takes 1-5 days for stem cell collection and on an average just 2 days. I'm going for two days! Once 3-5 million stem cells are collected, they are frozen and stored until my transplant day of May 29th. So this is the beginning!

I had a great weekend. My boys Mark and Maxwell were in the 2nd annual Snoopy ice hockey tournament. I watched hockey Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It brought back so many memories. It felt great! Mark and Maxwell's teams played each other on Sunday morning. It was hard cheering for each team but I stay neutral. Maxwell's team won and went into the championship game at 3:00PM. Maxwell's team played the Winos and won the championship game. It was a fun weekend! That was my life every weekend and I wouldn't have changed it for a moment.

It was a great weekend because I had all three boys and of course my daughter Erin home. Matthew drove up from Los Angeles with Cassie, his doggie. We had some much fun this weekend. I made spaghetti and chicken parmagian on Sunday (Matt's favorite). It was so good!

I will try to post each night after returning from Stanford and also when I go into the hospital on Monday, May 11th.

Have a wonderful evening! Enjoy the moments!

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

diane gaggero said...

Dear Debbie
This is the third time I have wrote something and I don't know what I did but I lost it.
I just wanted to say you are in my prayers all the time and I know things are going to go well for you,you have your new heart and your Mom with you and everyone that love you is praying for you and you have a whole life ahead of you your not even a Nonna yet you have to have grandkids to spoil you have a beautiful house and a new car you have to make memories so you need to get all this behind you and start living again I know this is going to be hard this time around but I have faith in you you can do it because you still have so many things that you still have to do in life so just know that everyone is praying for you and loves you and hopefully this will all be over soon.
I know you must have been so proud of your boys over the weekend I'm glad you able to see them play.
I Love with With All My Heart
Love Auntie Diane

Barbara Lynch-Samarati said...

Hi Debbie,
I am so excited that you have progressed this far and that you are able to move forward with the stem cell transplant. You are so very strong, not only physically, but so very strong mentally. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and pray for you. And, what an amazing family and friend support system you have. Every once in awhile, someone we both know will mention that they saw you and how good you are doing.
Tons of love and kisses to you,

Barbara Lynch-Samarati