Saturday, May 30, 2009

Transplant Day

Yesterday was Transplant Day and to be honest was a little rough on me. I didn't have a very good night the night before. I was sick to my stomach all night and then as the transplant began I started getting sick again. So through the whole procedure until they were able to give me nausea medicine I was really sick. The rest of the day I slept and tried to get as much rest as possible.

Mom, Gary and Debbie came to visit in the afternoon. We had a quiet visit because I kept dozing off to sleep. It was so hard to have Mom leave me. I wish she could stay with me. It gets so lonely here by myself.

In the middle of the night around one, the nurse came in and woke me up to tell me my hematocrit had fallen to below 28 and they were going to give me blood infusions. My blood pressure was dropping also down to 85/60, which is very low for me. Ok by now I'm scared. They started the blood infusions and were here in my room all night long taking vitals and talking to me.

This morning I am tired and weak. I don't have much of an appetite for food but I am forcing myself to eat something. It's even getting hard to take my medicines. I plan to rest all day today and catch up on my sleep. Mark, Mom and Maxwell will be visiting tomorrow so I want to be rested. I can't wait to see them. I miss everyone so much.

Funny thing happened yesterday too. One of the nurses came in and said "Happy Birthday". I said it wasn't my birthday but she said yes it is. You have just begun a new life with the stem cell transplant. Your body is starting over from birth. So I thought ok I really have 3 birthdays now - November 22nd is birth date; September 26th heart transplant date and May 29th is stem cell transplant date. Wow I can really use this to my benefit!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Love,
Debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:

Talked to your mom this morning I'm so sorry you were so sick yesterday. I hope today is a better day for you. I hpoe you had a nice day with your brother. Your mom said he was going to surprise you. I Love you and I'm praying for you to get better real fast. Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Jake called me yesterday they were worried about you. Love you take care of yourself.

Always,

Auntie Mary Joan

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:

I woke up thinking of you. I know these next few days will be rough for you and my heart aches for you. Hopefully they'll go by fast and you'll sleep through part of it. Then you'll be on your way to a new part of your life. Kevin seems to be doing great and going back to work soon so that must be encouraging to you. You have alot of family and friends praying for you. I hope you'll beable to enjoy your visit with Mom Mark and the boys today. Take care of yourelf I love you.

Always,

Auntie Mary Joan

Judy Lessard said...

Hey Debbie,
Remember I told you I was having another birth, this July 12th, 4 years after transplant, going to be baptised again. Hang in their girl. Don't be afraid to ask for that naseau medicine the minute you feel something, it will get you through. Keep focased, those new cells will be in soon. Funny, 90/60 was my normal blood pressure. I told my husband over and over, make sure they know this, everyone who is involved. Low and behold mine went down too and scared everybody BUT me. I was out of it, but here I am 4 years later....Blessed!!!!!!! with new cells...Love you girl, Judy