Sunday, November 30, 2008

GIVING THANKS

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I spent the day with my family and thought about all the things we are grateful for. My cousins, Mike & Donna Salvato, Sandy and Bob Kent and Angie called to wish me thanksgiving. They talked about how thankful they are this year for everything in their lives. I hope everyone feels the same. I sometimes wonder why I'm on this road and why my life took this course. I know I have given some thought to alot of people just what is important in their life. Is it money, cars, things or is it family, children, good friends? I can tell you nothing compares to the love and support of my family and friends. I would not have a positive attitude and the ability to fight this disease if it was not for the support of my family and friends. I am so grateful!

This week is going to be festive. On Thursday, Kathy Conley from Youngs Market Company is coming to visit. We are going out to dinner to John Ash & Company on Thursday night. My first dinner out in 3 months. Then on Friday I will go to San Francisco to Tommy Toys for our client appreciation lunch. I will wear my mask and see all my clients. I'm so excited! It will be a very long day but it will feel good to see everyone. On Saturday, is our company party but I will see how my body feels after the long day on Friday. It might be too much!

I don't have a biopsy until December 23rd. That will give my neck a rest! Wow does it need it! I'm feeling good but sometimes a little shaky which is normal for the Decadron drug I'm taking for the Amyloidosis. I plan to hear something this week regarding the chemo drug Valcade and when I will be starting that treatment. I'm hoping I will be able to do the infusion here in Santa Rosa instead of Stanford. I want to get going on the treatment for Amyloidosis but do not want anything to hurt my new shared heart. I continue to exercise on my bike which feels great! If anyone needs movie reviews just call. I think I have seen every movie out there at least 2 times. Markie has a big selection of movies and he brings me new ones every week. Matthew took me to Michael's the other day and I brought all kinds of cute stuff for my photo albums. I have been working on the Italy trip from 3 years ago, so hopefully I will be able to finish that album soon. I have been back to Italy twice since then and still have the other vacations to Spain and the Cari bean to do. Well can't say I don't have anything to do!

Have a wonderful week and enjoy each moment in time! I plan to enjoy the moments I have with my clients this week. I especially look forward to my time with Kathy. She has been such a support to me. Kathy is a cancer survivor and when I get scared she is always there. I'm grateful for her friendship.

Giving thanks this Thanksgiving means more to me than ever before. I am most thankful to my donor family and hope God gives them strength and courage. Please say an extra prayer for them.

Love,
debbie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie how are you doing? Just want to say I love you and you are in my thoughts everyday. You have a great week, sounds like you have a lot on your plate have fun. KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE YOU AMAZE ME. Your an inspiration to all of us and someday when that special family that has shared their daughters heart with you meets you they will be so happy their daughters heart went to such a special person. I know they will love you just as we all do and it will help them heal.

LOTS OF LOVE,

AUNTIE MARY JOAN

Anonymous said...

I love you sissy
me

Anonymous said...

Sissy,
Everyday in our lives we meet extrodinary people, sometimes they might come in different ways, Yours came in the form of a beautiful person who gave you the most greatest gift of all.
Everyday you amaze me with how you keep going strong and keep up with your attitude, your heart family will enjoy all of us, and when we finaly get to met them all they will know that she is still alive inside of you. And you are just holding her in your heart, she still lives and she will enjoy everything you will bring to her.

Remember Sissy, she is still alive in you, show her you can take her far, and show her that you will take very good care of her.

I love you and remember don't be mad at me.

I love you
Me (Kathie)

Anonymous said...

glad your thanksgiving was good. mine was too. just a quick "hi" on the way out the door. suzanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
I'm glad to hear you are doing ok and had a nice Thanksgiving. We remembered you in our prayers when we gave thanks before our meal. We have a lot to be thankful for this year. I'll call you to talk.
Love Maria