Tuesday, November 4, 2008

DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TODAY


Just got home from Santa Clara and meeting with Jackie, nurse at the Heart Transplant Center. I have been having problems with evaluated blood pressure and headaches since I came home last Thursday. On Friday, I finally called and told them what was going on. Sue changed the dosage of the drug Gengraf and added another pill (that makes me happy) Dilacor twice a day for high blood pressure. Today, my blood pressure at the Heart Center was 122/87, which is great. Pulse is high at 107 but they are not concerned because I'm a recent transplant patient. So my visit was great! No problems at all! Tonight Mark will bring me to Kaiser Santa Rosa so I can have my lab work done to check the Cyclosporine count before next Tuesday's biopsy. This level is what tells them whether a rejection could be possible next week. I have to be at 200-250. My level was very high at 311 last week and that was the reason for high blood pressure and the headaches. So hopefully, tomorrow I can check on line and see what my count is. Again, if it's high or low, they will adjust the dosage of Gengraf before next Tuesday.

Dr. Dana has been talking directly with the Mayo Clinic regarding the chemo treatment for both me and Dr. Kevin. The Mayo Clinic decided that I will begin the chemo drug Decadron tomorrow. It is an oral drug taken once a week. The mg are 4mg in which I have to take 10 at a time. That makes me even happier (more pills). Oh well, whatever it takes to fight the disease and protect my beautiful new heart I will do. Dr. Kevin is feeling terrific. I talked to him last night when I was having all these problems. He reassured me and said everything will be ok.

On Saturday, Markie, Erin and me are attending an Amyloidosis support meeting at Kaiser in Walnut Creek. Dr. Kevin will be there also. This is the Northern California support group for those who are suffering from the disease. I very nervous because I'm sure there will be both happy and sad stories to tell. I hope it will be just as wonderful as the heart transplant support group I belong to in Santa Clara. I have so many friends (Dr. Kevin and Barbie, Tippy and many more) who gives me courage during the hard times. I'm glad Dr. Kevin will be there too!

Tomorrow and Thursday I plan to rest and relax. I want to be rested before next Tuesday's biopsy. Mark, Markie, Erin and me are staying the night in Sunnyvale because I have to be at the hospital at 7:00AM for heart biopsy, chest x rays, lab, clinic, support group and then 2 hour infusion. Another 10 hour day! On Friday, Mom and I get to go to our friend Susan for manicure, pedicure and waxing. Mom is finally getting her hair cut, just like Victoria Beckman's new style. She is going to look HOT! We then will go to Walmart because I need some green plants for my new guest bedroom (Maxwell's old room - won't he be surprised when he comes home in December) and a chair for my computer.

I'm off to Kaiser now. Have a wonderful evening, it's going to be cold. Always enjoy this moment in time!

Love,
debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Wow sounds like you have had a bumpy start as you return home. Well I'm glad you talked to the doctor and had things corrected, and hope your feeling better.

I also hope you do ok with the new drug they are giving you. Keep in contact, call me if you want to talk. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
I love you.
Cousin Maria