Thursday, November 6, 2008

LAB RESULTS

Just spoke with Sue, Nurse at Santa Clara Heart Transplant Center. My cyclosoporine count was 237, which is within the range of 200 to 250. They did not change any medicines at this time. Will look after next week's biopsy. The chemo drug Decadron she said is equivalent to 200mg a day of Prednisone. Now that makes me really happy. She said the side effects is being wired and the usual puffy cheeks (more than I have now) weight gain and staying up all night. I take the drug once a week, so she said it is slow acting. She did say that Dr. Dana has talked to the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Brooke Edwards and Stanford to discuss further treatment for Dr. Kevin and me. I will know something next week. I am feeling terrific except for no sleep last night. I plan to take a little nap now and one later this afternoon. The other lab tests for the disease Amyloidosis have not come in yet, should know something next week.

I hope you enjoy the poem "Life". I will post these words from time to time, I think it is important for us to live our lives each day "not by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away". On September 26, 2008, a moment took my breath away, was the moment my new shared heart starting beating inside me. I bless my donor and her family for the blessing I receive that night. I feel deep gratitude for the decision they made to save my life. I have not spoke too much about my donor and my donor family. I don't know much except she was 18 years old from a local community. I wrote my letter to the donor family telling them my deepest gratitude for the gift of life and hope someday they will contact me.

Have a wonderful day. The sun is shining and it is beautiful outside.

love,
debbie

No comments: