Saturday, November 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!


Today is my 51st birthday! Wow six months ago I didn't think I would be celebrating and feeling so good. I'm back exercising and riding the stationary bike 30 minutes a day, which feels great. I hope to begin some lower body weight training soon, if the doctors say its ok. The drug Decadron kind of kick me in the butt today, just feeling a little sore and swollen under the neck but nothing that will keep me down. Scott and Linda Ford are coming tonight to cook me dinner and celebrate my birthday. Scott's birthday is Monday, so we will share a birthday cake tonight. I plan to rest and relax today and enjoy my evening. The Sharks play at 7:30PM, so I will watch the game. Mark and Erin went to Grandma Ruby's to celebrate Thanksgiving with Erin's family and they will be with us on Thanksgiving Day. Matt is coming up from Los Angeles. He sent me the most beautiful flower arrangement and a beautiful card. It made me cry the things he said. We have a lot to be thankful for this year!

This Thanksgiving a special prayer will be sent to my donor family for the blessings they have given me. My thoughts are with them each day. I am so grateful!

love,
debbie






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my new friend hehe

You are one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met :)

I did not think I would be here this Thanksgiving or Christmas either!

So thankful I am :)

Hugs and Kisses and have a great day!

Love ya Tip

Anonymous said...

Hi Sissy,

Well mom called me today and I understand about cookies, hey I just went through this last year at the same time remember, Brenda so I know what you are going through, Hey I will make a few extra for my brother and you.
I'm even making Gnocchi's i'm going to try some sweet potato gnocchi's too. I did them in school and they were goood.

I love you and I'll talk to you later, and after Nicki and I finish she says she wants to come visit Auntie Debbie.
I love you.
Me

Mary Ann said...

Hi Sis,

Don't worry about the cookies I got you covered!

Love you
Mary Ann

Mary Ann said...

Oh and if Tippy reads this thanks for being a great friend to our sister you make her laugh and we are so greatful to you for that. God bless you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Mary Ann