Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good Day Today

Just got home! I am so tired. Spent all day at the heart transplant center doing heart biopsy, chest x rays, lab, clinic and two hour infusion. Another long day but the heart biopsy this time went quick. A new doctor they call "JoJo" a fellow from Stanford did mine. He was great. In and out so fast. I get so anxious when its time for the heart biopsy. Now I sit and wait for results. I've already checked on line for other lab results and everything so far looks great! My cyclosporine count is not on line yet and that's the one I really want to see. It will tell me whether the level is too low and I might have a rejection. I'll report that as soon as its available.
I don't have another biopsy until November 25th, so I get another two week break. My neck gets a rest too! I also have an appointment at Stanford that day regarding my chemo treatment for Amyloidosis which I think will begin with the second drug at the first of the year. Tomorrow I take Decadron again. The doctor said the soreness and swelling I had over the weekend was from the chemo drug Decadron. So I will see what side effects I have this week. Doctors are very pleased with my recovery and everything so far is perfect.

Tomorrow is a rest day and I plan to watch the movie "P. S., I Love You". I started watching it yesterday, but had to leave to go to Santa Clara. So tomorrow I will watch the movie from start to finish. A really cute movie! I'm getting bored watching movies all day, so Friday Debbie Looney is taking me to Break Through Fitness to ride the stationary bike and maybe do some wall squats. I'm excited to be able to do some exercise. I haven't been able to walk because there is no one here who can walk with me. It's not very safe on the road I live on to walk by yourself.

Time to say goodnight. My San Jose Sharks are playing and my favorite TV show "Dancing with the Stars" is on. So I will be flipping the channels to watch both.

Enjoy your evening and this moment in time!

love,
debbie


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sissy,
Just wanted to send you some love. I love you.
Me (Kathie)