Wednesday, November 12, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!!

Sue called from the Heart Transplant Center with my heart biopsy results. I have a 1R rejection which is slight rejection. I want NER (no evidence of rejection) but I realize my count was low so I knew it might be a 1R. That's ok. Just a change of drugs. So starting tonight I have to take 125mg gengraf in the morning and increase to 150mg at night. My count has to be between 200 and 250 and yesterday it was at 197. So this should do it. I go again on November 25th for heart biopsy, labs and everything else. All my lab work she said was perfect. I'm feeling great and so happy my beautiful shared heart is so strong and that I'm taking care of myself and my new heart. I always want to be sure that I say each and every time how grateful I am to my donor and her family. God bless them each day. I pray each day for them that God will help them through these days and give them strength. They will always be in my thoughts and prayers. I want all my friends and family to say prayers for them too!

I spent the afternoon resting. I watched the movie P. S., I Love You that Sissy Mary brought for me. What a great movie! Love story with some very cute Irish men. Those Irish men are pretty close to the Italian men in Italy, WOW!

I took my second dose of Decadron today, so tonight I probably will be up all night wired. Last Wednesday night I never went to sleep until 4:00AM. That was fun! The drug started showing side effects on Saturday night and all day Sunday, so we shall see what happens this week.

Tomorrow is Thursday and Mark and Markie are going to the Sharks game in San Jose. Wish I could go see my Sharks play, but that is going to be a long time before I'm able to go out like that again. Mom is coming over to cook me dinner. She made salmon one night at the hotel and it was so good. So she will spend the evening with me cooking salmon for dinner. I gained so much weight, some of it was the drugs and some was her great cooking. I needed to gain weight since I have lost so much muscle tone. All that working out I have done for the past 6 years is gone, but Tim Rogers said it will come back when I'm able to start super slow again. No big deal I have a second chance of life and I'm not taking it for granted.

I plan to take some current pictures this weekend of me and some friends. I realize my profile picture is awful. That was 2 weeks after transplant and I look terrible. I have puffy checks now which looks like I have no wrinkles (which I don't for almost 51 years old) HA HA, from the steroids.

Sissy Mary came over tonight and cleaned out my linen closet and Mark's closet. I have been wanting to do that for months. I can't do anything upper body so I sat there and told her what to throw away. Everything looks great! She is going to do my china closet next and Maxwell's closet after that. Maxwell left for Canada and a closet full of his junk. He doesn't know it yet but I repainted his room and brought all new bedding and it is beautiful!! He will be home in December, won't he be surprised!

Have a wonderful evening! I'm enjoying this moment in time! I received good news about my heart biopsy and that was a wonderful moment!

love,
debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Thats fantastic news. Like you I wish you could get a NER, but the 1R is still a good thing. Maybe the next time, the medicine will all be settled, and you'll get that NER.
I was hoping to come visit you this weekend, but a few days ago Mike came down with a cold. He is feeling better, but now my nose is running...I don't want to put you at risk.
I will try to stay germ free so that I can see you before your birthday. I want see you so bad. I'll keep in touch, and as always look forward to talking to you through your blog until we can visit together.
Love you,
Cousin Maria

Anonymous said...

hi debbie, going to try again, your mom says it is easy to leave a comment (wasn't able to on my other attempts!) she really updates me and then of course the blog, so blow by blow seems like i'm right there, too. quite a process. hope you are enjoying being home and the salmon tonight. reading by the pool sounds wonderful. time enough later to get back to working and such. keep getting better and better. suzanne