Sunday, January 18, 2009

To My Donor Family With Love

Jazmin



Two Families,
Each unknown to the other,
Yet bound together
Forever and irrevocably
By a golden chain
Whose links are
Love, unmatched generosity,
And indescribable gratitude.
Today is forever burned
Into the memories of both families.
One will remember with sadness
The tragedy which took their loved one.
The other will remember with joy
The gift which gave their loved one back to them.



AH! That wonderful gift!
The gift of Life!
Praise be to God
For families who can, despite their grief,
Give to others so they might live.
You are my donor family.
I am the recipient of your love one's heart.
How can I ever say "Thank You"?
I pray for you every day
And thank God for you every day.



May God bless you and keep you;
May he comfort you and strengthen you.
This is my prayer for you
My wonderful donor family.
I will always carry you in my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
I just checked in on your site for the past week and 1/2, I'm so sorry I have not been in closer contact. You sound strong, and as always your ability to share your love is so admirable. I have had Jazimin's family in my prayers since the day we talked. I cried when I found out the terrible news of how Evelyn lost her two girls in such a short amount of time, my heart goes out to her, and I hope GOD blesses her so that she will be able to see light in this world again. Today I think of you, I miss you, I love you and I pray for you.
Love Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,

That poem describes our pain well. It brings me solice knowing that our Jazmin keeps you with your loved ones.

Sonia

Mary Ann said...

Oh my god sissy,
What a beautiful girl. My sincere gratitude to Jazmin's family will forever be in my heart and prayers. I pray they come to see you and know how much we appreciate the wonderful gift they have given you. They we always be in our thoughts and prayers. I love you so much.

Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Sissy,

The way words come from your heart is unbelievable. That heart inside you beats two beats, Yours and Jazmin's, She speaks through you letting her family also know how much she loves them too.

I love you sis, you are my inspiration to keep me going.

Love you and can't wait till next weekend

I love you.
Me