Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not Feeling So Hot!!!

How can I complain when there are so many other people out there worse than me suffering from cancer and undergoing terrible chemo treatments. Yes, I did feel terrible yesterday and it kept me down all day. The pain and the tingling in my feet was the worse since being on Decadron and now Velcade. I sat in my recliner most of the day. Thank God for my recliner. It is so comfortable. Gary and Debbie gave us these recliners and they are beautiful. I got a good night sleep which helps alot. I feel ok this morning but of course I'm up early. I never could sleep until 8 or 9 o'clock. Mark will take me grocery shopping today. Today there are two playoff football games. Mark's team the Steelers plays this afternoon at 3:30PM. I think Scott and Linda are coming over. I haven't seen Linda in a few weeks and miss her. I plan to make dinner tonight, since I only had cream of wheat last night. I brought a pork roast at Costco and I will make that tonight. Hopefully, the Steelers will win and go to the Super Bowl or Mr. Douglas will be in a BAD mood! HAHA


Monday night Mark and I are going to San Jose to spend the night before my heart biopsy on Tuesday. I used to stay at a hotel with a kitchen and cook dinner and breakfast the next day, but it is so stressful packing food, cooking and rushing to get to my biopsy the next day. So the last time, we decided to stay at the Fairmont in San Jose. We had a beautiful room on the fourteen floor in the new tower overlooking the city lights. Mark and I had dinner that night at The Grill, a steakhouse. That was the first dinner out for me. They were so nice to me too. I told them I just had a heart transplant and needed a table away from people to avoid infection and they gave us a private table in the corner. We had a wonderful dinner. The next day I ordered breakfast in our room at 6:00AM. What a breakfast! Eggs, chicken apple sausage, potatoes, fruit, OJ, toast and coffee. It was so nice not to have to rush and stress before my biopsy cooking breakfast. I have to have something to eat with all the medicines I take early in the morning. So this week we will stay again at the Fairmont. I'm praying for another NER (No Evidence of Rejection) heart biopsy. I'm a little nervous because of the new drug I'm on, will that cause a rejection. I think about it all the time. This week will be busy with heart biopsy on Tuesday, labs on Thursday and chemo on Friday.


I have a special posting after this to my donor family. I have been communicating with Jazmin's fiance's sister Sonia. She has been wonderful. She has shared so much about Jazmin and it makes me smile when I think about her. Sonia is coming to meet me the weekend of the 30th. I can't wait to give her a BIG HUG! Jazmin's Mom Evelyn has said she will meet me soon but needs more time. I respect her feelings and want to give her time. Tippi shared this special poem with me called "To My Donor Family". I will post it after this posting to my donor family along with a special picture of Jazmin. I want to keep her in everyone's mind and say a special prayer to my donor family.


Have a wonderful Sunday and go out and make memories that take your breath away!!!!


love,

Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Debbie,

This is Karen and I left you a message on your cell phone this morning which I'm sure you got. I also talked to Linda and asked her to get a book for you if she was at a book store today.

I'm a little nervous about this book now?? :)))) I hope it's not too raunchy for you??? :))))

I'll tell you how this all came about. Last Friday I was driving to San Jose to go to Santana Row? Have you heard of this outside upscale shopping mall in San Jose? I went there to go to an art gallery that I know of. As well as visit a friend.

So while driving I happened to catch an interview on the radio. I've never heard of this guy before but his story was very inspiring. I thought maybe this guys story can help Debbie?

Not knowing anything about his humor and just hearing his interview was all I knew. Well, it's now Sunday evening and I pulled him up to hear his act and I thought OH NOOOOOOOOOO, HE'S NASTYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

So, I just wanted to let you know that I hope if you did get the book, that you knew where I was coming from. Maybe it will make you laugh I don't know but I hope I was not out of line recommending this book to you. :))))))

I'm sure we will laugh about this together sometime!! I guess no one would be surprised that I was the one who recommended it!!!

Too funny, well Debbie I will continue to pray for you to get better and I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

With love,

Karen