Monday, January 26, 2009

Donate for the Cure

During one of my late nights, I started looking on the Internet for anyone who is suffering from this terrible disease. I came across a young man, 17 years old, name Stephen Wright. His mom Chris, has primary Amyloidosis. I read her blog and although I have not had a stem cell transplant (yet) I could see the suffering from this disease. Chris has congested heart failure but the stem cell transplant has saved her life. She is in partial response and will decide soon on the next step to put this disease in complete response. As for Chris's heart, I don't have all the information on what she plans to do in the future. I only ask two things from my family and friends. That is pray for Chris and her family and please look at this web site
www.chrisjourney.com. This is Stephen's web site to his mom and the journey he is about to take.


Stephen is going to ride his bike from Florida to Massachusetts in support of his Mom and research for Amyloidosis. He is accepting donations or sponsors towards the Amyloidosis Foundation. Please look up the site and donate! We need more research to find a cure for this horrible disease. I've never asked for anything like this but I believe this young man has the will and determination to complete his journey and raise $10,000.00 for research. He is also doing this for his Mom but for everyone who suffers from this disease, like me!


Post a comment on his blog and give him support and your prayers to complete his journey safety! God Bless Him!


Love,
Debbie

No comments: