Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Week Went By Fast

It was a busy week running errands and doing things around the house. No doctors appointments until the end of August. I do have to do lab work next week to check cysolporine counts. The last two were weird numbers. On biopsy day the count was 998 and at the end of the week it dropped to 134. 134 is still low but Dr. Dana said not too bad. She would like me to be around 150 - 200. I will do it again on Monday to check.

September will be a busy month for doctor's appointments. I have heart biopsy, cardio gram, appointment with Dr. Shrier and Dr. Areria. At least I get a little break during the month of August. I will start the drugs Decadron and Velcade this next week. I'm not looking forward to that but I have to keep fighting this disease.

The fundraiser is going great! To date the total amount of money raised is $730.00. Please support me in raising money to purchase a headstone for my donor, Jazmin Iris Mitchell. She and her twin sister Jamae do not have a headstone for their grave and this will be a dream of Jazmin's if we can raise enough money. Jazmin before she passed away picked out this headstone for her sister Jamae, not knowing a year and half later she would pass away. I want to honor my donor and her family and raise enough money to purchase the headstone Jazmin wanted. Please send your donation to the Jazmin I Mitchell Memorial Fund c/o Exchange Bank, 2201 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, Ca 95403 if you cannot attend the fundraiser on August 22nd at my house. All donations will be greatly appreciated.

This weekend I have Tory Puentes bridal shower on Sunday. Todd and Sherri Schapmire along with their son Todd's in laws, Tom and Jeannie will be coming for dinner. I haven't seen Tom and Jeannie for a while so it will be nice to see them. Jeannie and I graduated from Ursuline many, many years ago. Of course, Big Todd will be cooking and he is the best! It's always nice having someone else do the cooking. It will be a fun day!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and remember to make memories that take your breath away.

Love,
Debbie

No comments: