Monday, August 3, 2009

The Call Finally Came

The call I was dreading finally came this afternoon. It was from Dr. Aktahar's office to schedule infusion of Velcade. I was surprised to hear that Stanford wants me to take Velcade twice a week instead of once of week. I will also begin taking Decadron too. I'm going to ask if I can take Decadron on Monday, so when I crash and feel terrible it will be on Wednesday and not on the weekend. I will find out tomorrow once I meet with the doctors. I realize this is going to be a lifetime of medication, doctors and tests. If I could "make a wish" it would that for the next year no medication, no doctors and no tests, but I know that won't happen. This is going to be for a lifetime and that's what is hard to accept.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I went to Tori Puentes bridal shower. It was so nice and Tori got so many wonderful gifts. I'm so happy for her and Zach. The wedding in September will be beautiful. After the shower, I came home and Big Todd made a wonderful dinner for us including Tom and Jeanie Benton. We had filets, corn, bake potato, onion rings and I made a new recipe of Fried Mortazella sticks. Everything was so good! We talked about old times. Jeanie and I graduated from Ursuline together. So it was fun talking about the things we did.
That's what moments are all about. These were very special moments. Thanks Big Todd for a wonderful dinner. You and Shari are the best!

Well tomorrow will be my first day for Velcade. Hopefully, not too many side effects from it. Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sissy,
well I don't know really what to say. I know that in all your blogs you say about times, and days, and moments, and hugs and kisses that take your breath away. Well sometimes moments like this is what makes those moment worth it right?

You have many angels watching over you, and God himself knows it is not your time and he is just giving you more moments to take your breath away.

Jazmin, Jamae (even though we didn't know them) are there to along with Nana & Grandma and all the other angels looking after you and Auntie.

Moments that take my breath away are when I read your Blog and see how happy you are and how great you are doing. Brenda told me oneday "Kat these days are the days that i will take with me, the days that I smile and laugh with my family and friends"

You will get through all this shit sissy, thank god for GOOD DOCTORS that is all I can say.

Medicines and doctors suck but if it keeps you healthy and strong then give me a big dose.

I love you and be strong like we all know you are.

I love you
me

Mary Ann said...

Sissy,
Kath is right, you have so many of us there for you standing by your side here on earth and in spirit. Jazmine would never let anything happen to you. You have to go through all this hard stuff to live your life. I know there are days you want to give up but please please stay strong we love you so much and I can not even think of life on this earth without you. You have to do the bad stuff to get to a lifetime of peace. You just have to. I love you with all my heart sissy.

:)