Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stem Cell Transplant is in the Future

Stem Cell Transplant is what is in the future! I met with Dr. Akthar on Thursday and he said I have been approved for a stem cell transplant. So when? He was not happy about my Lambha light chain count going up from 153 to 311. That is not what we had hoped. It wasn't because I took off for two weeks (off Decadron and Velcade). My disease is just progressing and we need to stop the factory before it attacks my new shared heart or my numbers go up too high.

Monday, February 23rd I will meet with Stanford Bone Marrow Transplant Team to discuss and consent to the transplant. I will first meet with the social worker to discuss the financial and consent to the transplant. Then at 2:30PM I have an appointment with Dr. Sally Ariera. She heads up the stem cell transplant team and we will discuss the stem cell transplant. It should be a long day. I have biopsy next day at Kaiser. I'm disappointed because I have to fast before I go to the biopsy. I love my breakfast in the morning. Mark and I order breakfast in our room and its so good. I have to wait until after lab work before I can eat or take my medicines. I think we will stay in the room for dinner on Monday night. The Sharks play and the Bachelor is on. It's the special "The Girls Tell All" night on the Bachelor. Should be interesting!

Today I stay in all day and rested. My neck and shoulders are really sore to touch from the chemo treatment yesterday. I don't feel very strong today. I need to rest as much as possible before my biopsy on Tuesday. I start to get really anxious before biopsy day. It's so stressful waiting for test results whether you have a rejection or not. This one is going to be even more stressful because I have been sick these past few weeks. Hopefully, I'll have a good biopsy.

I talked to Evelyn, Jazmin's Mom today and I sure miss her and the girls. I can't wait to meet Jessika too. Little Angelina has an ear infection (her first one). Poor little one, those hurt so bad. As soon as the girls are well, I hope Evelyn will come to visit again. I miss them all!

Tomorrow is Sunday and the weather is suppose to be rainy. Scott and Linda asked if we would come to their house for dinner. I'm going to bring a leg of lamb and cook it at their house. The Oscars are on tomorrow night. I love watching the stars on the red carpet in their beautiful dresses.

I'm going to ask permission from Dr. Dana if I can travel to Beverly Hills on March 20th. I have a two free night stay at the Montage in Beverly Hills. I would love to go and stay for the weekend. I really need it! Even if I feel bad it will be wonderful staying in a beautiful hotel. I would love to get a massage! The hotel is located next to Rodeo Drive and it will be fun to window shop. I love to people watch in Beverly Hills. I miss going to Beverly Hills and staying at the Peninsula Hotel. I always felt like I was on vacation. It was so peaceful! I had the most beautiful room overlooking the garden area. The room had french doors that I could open up and let the fresh air in. The gardens were beautiful. I had a beautiful bathroom with a big tub. I would take long baths. When does anyone have time at home to do that? I enjoyed meeting my clients for beautiful dinners at nice restaurants. We would see so many movie and TV stars at the restaurants. It was fun!

Dr. Kevin Anderson will begin his stem cell transplant this week. Please pray for him. He has always been my support and will begin this journey first. I will follow his progress and most likely when he has completed his stem cell transplant it will be my turn. He is such a brave soul!
You are in my prayers, Kevin.

Moments in time are what life is all about. Go out and make those moments mean something!
Love, laugh and live!

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Sissy I want to be the first to ask, If my big big Brother doesn't go can I..... Please....
Love you..
And I mean Beverly Hills...
Love you Me