Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back On Chemo This Week

It was a nice two week break from Decadron and Velcade. To be honest, I didn't really feel that different. I was sick the first week and really felt bad. This last week I was feeling better but I thought maybe something magical would happen like I'd lose 20 pounds and my face wouldn't be so puffy. No chance. There are worst things out there that many people have to deal with each day. I feel blessed that my life is where it is today.

Saturday was Valentine's Day and Mark and me along with Jane and Steve Bjork (neighbors behind us) went to the Kenwood Grill for dinner. We had a fabulous dinner! Jane and Steve really enjoyed it. It was their first time to the Kenwood Grill. I was so full! I love going to Max's restaurant. Everyone is so nice!

As the title to this post says, "Back on Chemo This Week". I start Decadron tomorrow and I guess I will be up all night tomorrow. I have enjoyed sleeping in till 7 or 7:30AM. On Friday I will take Velcade. I have not received my latest Lambha and Kappa light chain count but I'm praying it has come down again. I will even accept little increments as long as it goes down. I was at 155 on 1-29-09. Remember normal is 5-26. I have a long way to go but each decrease is positive. I see Dr. Akthar, oncologist here in Santa Rosa, who will go over my numbers and talk about plans to continue with the chemo or proceed with stem cell transplant in the future. I have a meeting on Monday, Feb. 23rd with Stanford Stem Cell Transplant team to get the information regarding the stem cell transplant. It is an all day meeting at Stanford. Then the next day on the 24th its monthly biopsy, labs, clinic and chest x rays. That afternoon I will be back at Stanford to meet with Dr. Schrier, oncologist Stanford, regarding the Amyloidosis. It will be a business two days.

I keep telling my dearest friend Kathy Conley, who is a breast cancer survivor, when will I wake up in the morning and not think about being sick. I can't wait for the day I don't have to talk about Amyloidosis (although it will be with me the rest of my life because there is no cure). I pray for that day!

I'm watching my Sharks play the Edmonton Oilers and all they are doing is fighting. We are leading so far, 3-2 in the second period. I wish I could go to a game soon. I would have to wear my mask and that won't be very comfortable.

Maxwell is doing awesome in Canada. So far he is second in the league for total points and first for total assists. Most of the kids in his league are 18-20. Maxwell will be 18 on March 15th. I watched a video that the league puts on and they interviewed Maxwell. He was so professional and looking so good in his sweater and tie. I know he will hate me for that but he's my little man.
I miss him so much. He will be driving back from Canada in April after the play offs and stay until August or September. I can't wait!!!

Have a wonderful week. Have you made memories that take your breath away?

Love,
Debbie

No comments: