Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feeling Better

This week was fun! My first week off all chemo drugs and I get sick. I was looking forward to feeling better off the drugs and doing more. Well that's life sometimes it goes sideways.

I'm feeling better but still have a cough. Can't tell you how much that hurts my incision. My chest is so sore from the coughing. I have rested all weekend and hopefully I can do more this week.

I really want to go to my heart transplant support group meeting on Tuesday. I want to go to Vallejo and pick up Tippi and take her. She hasn't been able to go in two months and I want her there. I thought it would be fun to go together and then we can visit Mary Ann (Mary Ann is in the hospital waiting for a heart transplant) and then go to lunch. I want to make it a day with Tippi. These are moments that mean so much to me!

On Friday I will do my lab work for Stanford's appointment on the 24th to determine my latest lambha light chain count. Dr. Schrier wants this count before I meet him on the 24th. I have scheduled the appointment with the bone marrow transplant team for February 23rd. Mark and I will stay in San Jose that night because I have my heart biopsy on the 24th. I'm looking forward to the meeting with the bone marrow transplant team to clear up questions and concerns I have. I'm leaning towards April or May to have my stem cell transplant. I will be in the hospital for 30 days and living in an apartment next to Stanford for another 30 days (Mom and I on the road again). I think if I do it by the end of April, I will be recovered by end of June. My brother Joey is getting married on June 27th and I would love to be there. Also, summer is my favorite time of the year and I want to be well!!! So that's my thoughts and I will know more after my meeting with the team on the 24th. I wished I didn't have to make these decisions, but sometimes life goes sideways!

I want everyone to know Jazmin's Mom is the most loving and caring person I have ever met. She has shown me so much love! My heart is so happy! It made me so happy yesterday when my cell phone rang and on the other end a little voice said "is this Debbie?". It was Ashanti. We talked and it made me smile. I'm so happy to have them in my life. I want to make moments with them that take our breath away. I don't think anything can compare to the moment I first got to hug Evelyn. I will never forget that moment and I don't think she will either.

Have a wonderful Sunday and go out and make memories that take your breath away!

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Jean said...

Dear Debbie,
My name is Jean and I’m with the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link, an organization dedicated to helping patients, caregivers, and families cope with the social and emotional challenges of bone marrow/stem cell transplant by providing vital information and personalized support services. We subscribe to Google blog alerts, where we found your story.
Please know that others are thinking of you and wishing you all the best on this difficult journey.
If you would like to find out more about our programs and services, please visit our website, www.nbmtlink.org or call 800-546-5268.