Friday, February 13, 2009

A Special Thank You

Olivia, Sonia's daughter

Sonia and Me
I want to say a special thank you to Sonia. Sonia was one of Jazmin's closest friends. Jazmin was also engaged to Sonia's brother, Marco. Sonia was there with Jazmin the night she passed away. She is truly a close friend.
As everyone knows, it's sometimes so stressful and emotional thinking about your donor. Who was she or he? How old? Where did they live? All these questions run through your mind. Let's not forget the thoughts of the family and what they are going through. My sister, the little detective that she is, searched on the Internet and found a young 18 year old girl who passed away around the same time I received my heart in Vacaville. The night of my transplant one of the heart doctors told us the heart was coming from Vacaville. So away went Kathy and she found Jazmin Iris Mitchell. Kathy found the obituary and thought well maybe she has a myspace. Sure enough every teenager has one and Jazmin did. Kathy picked up on Sonia's name and wrote to her on Sonia's my space. Sonia responded to Kathy and eventually Sonia and I were emailing eachother. She kept me updated on Evelyn and the girls on how they were doing. I respected Evelyn's wishes that she needed time to get through the sorrow and will contact me when she was ready. Well as all of you know I met Evelyn and her girls two weeks ago. This would not have happen if it were not for Sonia and my sister Kathy. I am so grateful to Sonia. This is something I have wanted since the day my shared heart starting beating inside me. I wanted to meet Jazmin's family and friends. It has been a wonderful experience.
Sonia, thank you is such a small word to use for what you have done for me. I know our Angel in heaven feels the same.
Also, big hugs to Olivia.
I hope meeting me was a moment that took your breath away. I know it was for me because you hugged me and put your hand on my shared heart to feel it beating inside. I will never forget that moment!
Love,
Debbie



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful Sissy, I guessis just me wanting to help. it is like I wanted you to know and feel the love that all of us who were there that day. Evelyn is a wonderful lady not only is she strong and caring she is a very loving person, I can't wait for all the great times all of us are going to have.

I also glad your feeling better, I never got sick, but I shouldn't brag, but I'm happy you are better.

Have a wonderful valentines day...

I love you
me