Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! Go out and make memories and enjoy the moment!

This week has been a week to rest and recover from the pneumonia. On Tuesday, I picked up Tippi in Vallejo to go to our heart transplant support group meeting. Tippi has not been there for two months and really wanted to go. We had a great time. She got to see old friends and talk about her recovery. We got to see Mary, who is awaiting a heart transplant. We pray for her each day that a heart will come soon. I always have mixed feelings when I make a statement like that. I would say the same thing when I was waiting. I knew somewhere out there, someone would have to die to give me life. It was hard waiting and knowing that was what would have to happen in order for me to live. Then there is the other side we don't think about and that is our donor family. I have been so lucky to have met my donor family. Evelyn, Jazmin's Mom, is so wonderful to me. She is a loving and caring person. Talk about a strong person. That would describe Evelyn. She has gone through the unthinkable, losing two beautiful daughters within 2 years. She tells me Jazmin would have wanted to be a donor and it gives her peace knowing Jazmin's heart is beating inside me. We have connected so quickly and can't imagine not having her and the girls in my life now. I pray each day that God gives her strenght.

Mark and I will be going to Max's for dinner on Valentine's Day. I love going to the Kenwood Grill. Many friends who treat us like family. Max always gives me a table in the corner and prepares meals that won't hurt my heart. It will be a very nice evening!

Matthew came to visit this weekend and today he is taking me out to do errands. I have to go to the DMV to renew my disable plate and pay the registeration on my car. Then we will go to lunch together. I'm just happy to see him home.

Maxwell will finish his hockey season in April. He will come home then until September. WOW that is going to be so wonderful having him home. I know it will be short because he will go back to Canada somewhere to play hockey. Mark and I are so proud of him.

Have a wonderful weekend and stay dry. I guess we finally are getting the rain we desparately need. Go out and make memories that take your breath away!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: