Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Not a Good Day - I Think

Well today was not much fun.  I went to chemo and the nurse noticed my left foot was swollen.  So she called the doctor who was not happy that I have been this way for a month.  So next thing I know I'm in xray and the foot doctor.  "Broken left foot" "Removable Cast for 6 weeks"  Great!  Also, the foot doctor scheduled a bone scan because taking the steroids causes broken bones (small ones) and he just wants to be sure there are not other broken bones anywhere else.

Feeling nausea now.  Stanford tells me to take dex at night and Kaiser said in the morning before chemo.  So today I took it in the morning and by this afternoon I'm sick.  Hopefully will be gone by Wednesday.  I hate feeling sick.  Monday night was not a good night.  I was told that my white cell count is going down and the platelets too.  So I'm feeling soooo tired.  I fell asleep last night and never woke up till this morning.  Today I'm wired from taking the dex this morning, which is good cause I want to watch the finale of Dancing with the Stars.

Leaving Thursday for 5 days at the lake.  I'm sooooo excited!!  All I want to do is watch movies, sit by the lake, walk my puppy a little, visit with friends and eat all the good stuff I'm planning.  Can't wait!

Have a wonderful weekend and make those moments precious.  That's exactly what I'm going to do!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: