Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Been a Year and Oh What A Year!

Can you believe it's been one year since heart transplant. This week has been a blessing!

One year ago, I received a call from Dr. Dana telling me she had the perfect heart waiting for me at Stanford. Today, I believe she was right! My shared heart and my angel Jazmin have watched over me and continues to give me good health.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, I underwent many tests including blood tests, EKG, echo, heart biopsy, right and left heart cath. All tests were perfect and today I received the call regarding heart biopsy - another NER (5 in a row). Now do I have the perfect heart!

Also, this week on Tuesday was the best news. My lambha light chain count dropped from 211 to 169. That was the best news ever!!! Hopefully, the Decadron and Velcade is finally working along with the stem cell to decrease my lambha light chain count. I know I have a long way to go to reach 26 but maybe this is it - it's finally going down. I pray each day that my count will start going down and my disease would finally be in complete or partial response. I hope the time has come.

Now for the last test results and that is whether there is amyloid in my shared heart. I don't think so but until they tell me yes or no - I worry.

Mom and I had a wonderful two days together. I know how hard it is for her to see me go through all these tests but I could not do it without her. She gives me strength to continue going on. I think about my new baby grand child, a healthy life, traveling, and living my life to the fullest. That's why I will continue fighting this disease.

This weekend I will spend relaxing at our trailer in Lake County. On Saturday, I am going to Todd and Sherri's house in Ukiah to listen to Big Todd's band. I can't wait. That will be so much fun! I think the weather is changing and it should be cold or cooler at the lake but it will be fun anyway. I really want to use our little trailer more this year especially in the winter time when its raining and stormy outside.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy each and every moment God gives you! They are special!

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

carolyn said...

Debbie
I am so happy for you!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Miracles happen to those who believe!

Love You,
Donna