Monday, September 28, 2009

What a Weekend!!!!

I had a fabulous weekend in Los Angeles. It didn't start out good but ended great!

Our flight on Friday was delayed in San Francisco for two hours due to fog. We arrived in Los Angeles at 2:00PM and then drove to Beverly Hills. I was so excited when we pulled up in front of the Montage Beverly Hills. Our friend and doorman, JC greeted all of us. Mr Kaseki upgraded Mark and I to a Junior Suite and Debbie and Gary to a full suite. It was beautiful!

Friday night we had dinner in the kitchen at the Montage. The executive chef, John
prepared small bite meals. The first was pasta in a white sauce with white truffles. Of course, Mark did not want to eat the truffles (mushrooms) but Chef John kept insisting that he try one. He showed us a small truffle that he said cost $2,500.00. Mark quickly tried one. The second course was John Dory fish and again Mark didn't want to try it. Chef John convinced him to try it,he loved it. Our final meals included a tomato salad with sorbay; short ribs; new york steak (small thin pieces) and to top it all off a wonderful chocolate dessert with Carmel ice cream and Carmel sauce. Having dinner in this beautiful kitchen watching all the chefs cooking was an experience I won't forget. It was a moment to remember!

The next morning we were up at 5:00AM and out the door to the Breast and Ovarian Cancer walk. I was not able to walk this year but Debbie walked the whole 6 miles. Good job Deb! We stayed for the ceremony and Team Conley placed third in the overall fundraising. What an accomplishment!

Mark and I left with Matthew and stopped at Costco. We stocked Matthew's freezer with food and he was so happy. Mark and I hung all his pictures on the wall. His apartment looked so great! Matthew had dinner with us that night at the Grill on the Alley. We were starving when we came back from his apartment, we ordered room service and ate too much. We fell asleep for an hour before dinner. We had a wonderful dinner at the Grill but we were tired and full from our snack. I was looking forward to sleeping in the next morning.

On Sunday, we got to sleep in until 9:00AM and had a beautiful breakfast in Gary and Debbie's suite. It was a beautiful morning and the breakfast was so good. We then met our liquor license receiver and his wife, Craig and Cindy for lunch. I felt all I did all weekend was EAT. Then quickly it was time to get to the airport for our flight home. I wanted to go but deep inside I wanted to stay in this beautiful hotel just one more night. I look forward to the next time I can stay there again.

Today I'm alittle tired and stressed about the next two days. Tomorrow is chemo and then Mom and I drive to Santa Clara for my first day of tests. Tomorrow tests include EKG, echo and visit with the doctor. On Wednesday I will be there at 9:00AM for a heart biopsy, right heart cath and an angiogram. Mom and I will stay the night just in case I have any problems. Last time I had excessive bleeding and had to drive home two hours. It was not fun! Hopefully this time will be better.

Have a wonderful week and I will let everyone know the results of my tests at the end of the week.

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sissy,
I kept trying to call you back to wish you happy birthday. I never got thru, but I ended up getting a different phone call from Evelyn. I couldn't talk to her but what we got in was nice.
She told me about the head stone and I think that bites. We need to look somewhere eles and try and find someone to help up.
Why cant you go to Santa Rosa Memorial Park and ask someone there. Just explain the situation and tell them what is up.

I know that you will get it done you always get things done that needs it.

Well I love ya and I will call ya soon

Me