Monday, October 12, 2009

Busy Making Memories

I have been soooooo busy making memories. First, to the important news. No amyloid in my new shared heart. I am so blessed to have all my annual tests come back perfect including an NER (No evidence of rejection) and no amyloid in my heart. Also, the lambha light chain count is coming down from 211 to 169. This week is my last week for this cycle of chemo, which the dosage of Velcade was increased from 2.0 to 2.6. I hope the increase will keep the light chain count number going down. I will take the test next week.

This weekend was so much fun! I left on Friday and drove to Vacaville to pick up Ashanti, Jazmin's little sister. Ashanti spent the weekend with us. Friday night we relaxed at home. Saturday was so much fun. I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and meatballs. We had dinner at Sean and Becky's house (Linda's daughter). Becky has three girls, Kennedy, Kaley and Capri. She has a big play room for the kids. Also that night Linda was babysitting Kenndel and Cody, two more grandchildren and Kennedy had a friend over too. There were five screaming girls and one boy. It was so crazy in the house that night. Ashanti had so much fun dressing up in play clothes, modeling and playing with the other kids. We didn't get home until 11:00PM and she was so tired. She fell right to sleep that night. Sunday we went to breakfast at my favorite little restaurant called Norm's Kitchen. Mark and Ron Rackerby came too before leaving for the 49er game. It was sad because it was time to bring Ashanti home. She fell asleep all the way home to Vacaville. I hope she had a good time and that the memories we made will stay with her forever. I know they will be with me forever!

This is what life is all about. It was so important to me to spend time with Ashanti. She is such a special little girl. She loved her big sisters Jamae and Jazmin and talked about them alot. It was nice to hear her tell me things about what she would do with her sisters and how much she misses them. Driving home was really sad and lonely. I missed her!

Oh I also cleaned out my closet and Marks. I took 6 full bags of clothes to the Goodwill. It felt so good to organize the closets and donate the clothes to Goodwill. I have been wanting to do that for months.

Mia goes to the groomer tomorrow for the first time. I'm so excited to see what she will look like after her first hair cut. I can't see her eyes and she looks like a shaddy dog. After she gets her hair cut she will look more like a shiatsu. She is going to be the cutest puppy!

I'm also asking for everyone to say a special prayer to my heart transplant friend, Jon Warren. I met Jon on 8-12-08, just 10 days after he received his new heart. Jon was a very special person with a great big smile. He was a gentle man! Jon suffered from heart failure for many years and finally got the opportunity to receive a new heart in July of 2008. Sadly, his wife Cheryl email me and said Jon passed away on October 4th. He had problems with his colon and antibody rejection. After a fierce battle including emergency surgery, Jon's body just couldn't do it anymore. My heart is broken. I will miss his beautiful smile and friendship. Jon was able to spend the last year doing what he wanted to do. Things he was unable to do with his old heart. Only God knows why he gave him just one more year. God bless you, Jon.

When I hear things like this I realize how precious life is and that every moment is precious. Making moments that take your breath away is my goal in life. I try to look at each day and ask myself "what moment today took your breath away". Ask yourself that same question and if you can't answer then you are taking life for granted. Life is short and we all know anything can happen but don't take it for granted. Spend time with family and friends, go for a drive, take a bath, give a child some love. Whatever it is that makes you stop and say "This is what life is all about".

Love,
Debbie

No comments: