Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Is Life Getting Boring!

I can say life seems to be getting boring and I like it! This means the doctor appointments are getting farther apart except for chemo every week, it's back to the same old stuff.

I spent the weekend at the trailer again. I just love going up there. We had a little problem Saturday night with our heater. We couldn't get it to work and the next morning our assistant manager Tom tried to fix it but it needed to be checked out with a heating company. He was going to arrange the repairs and hopefully its not much and we can get back up there soon. We spent Saturday at Big Todd Schapmire's house. We brought a group of friends (Jane & Steve, Scott & Linda, Jeff & Christine and Bob Keyes) to listen to Big Todd's band. We had so much fun! Todd had a big BBQ and later the band played. It made me so happy and full of smiles seeing Big Todd living his dream of performing on stage (the Redwood Tree Stage in his backyard) to all his friends and family. The smile on his face will be a moment to remember. I'm so happy he is doing what he loves.

Yesterday I had my normal routine of Decadron last night and chemo today. Finally Stanford communicated to Kaiser that my dosage needed to be increase from 2.0mg to 2.6mg and today I received the correct dosage. I want to aggressively attack this disease especially now that I'm seeing my numbers go down. I'm so excited to go to the Amyloidosis support group next weekend and see the group. There are so many of them that have had one or two stem cell transplants and are really fighting this disease. All I can do at this time is continue taking the Decadron and Velcade each week and pray that the treatment works to bring the numbers down. I pray each night that my disease will go into complete or partial response and I can have a break from these drugs. I get to start working out with my personal trainer, Tim Rogers. Kaiser heart transplant feels this is the best thing for me. Yes I will start slow but just watch me go! I was in the best shape of my life before I was diagnosed. I really believe the condition of my body was the reason why I did so well through the heart transplant and stem cell transplant. I hope everyone reading this will understand how important it is to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. It's life saving!

Speaking of prayers, I know how much the power of prayer can mean to someone. So please pray for Auntie Mary Joan's new husband and my new uncle Don. He has suffered a relapse and is in the hospital. Pray that he can recover from this and get back home to Auntie Mary Joan. She needs him close to her and they have many more moments to enjoy.

This weekend on Friday I will be going to pick up Ashanti, Jazmin's little sister. She is going to spend the weekend with me and I am so excited. We are going to have lunch with Evelyn and I will bring flowers to the girl's gravesite. I can't wait to go there and see the beautiful headstone. Hopefully, it will be installed within the next 4 months. Ashanti and I will play with Linda's grand daughters on Saturday, go shopping and play with Mia. There will be plenty of moments made spending time with Ashanti. I can't wait! I called tonight and little Angelina got on the phone and said "Hi Debbie (at least 5 times) I love you (at least 5 more times) Bye Debbie" as clear as a bell. It was so cute. I'll never forget it.

So as I said life is getting boring but I like it! So now it getting back to living and enjoying the things I love to do. Spending time at my little trailer with friends, making memories with the people who mean the most to me, waiting for the moment I can hold my new baby grand child in my arms and just making every moment count.

Enjoy every moment!

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
I missed you on my birthday weekend. Sounds like you had a fantastic time in LA. Hope your ankle is healing, I know its been a couple weeks, but it sounds like your ready to do some exercises, so I hope the ankle doesn't hold you back. I also am glad to hear that your count is down to 169. I don't think I recall it ever being so low, so I'm really happy for you that it looks like that is on the downside, hope it continues. I have been tied up here with work or trying to keep work, I'll try to catch up with you later. I'll also keep Don in my prayers, I wasn't able to meet him, but I know how happy he makes MaryJoan, I hope he progresses. Think of you often.
Love Maria