Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting Back to Normal

Yes today it felt like normal again! I worked out with my personal trainer, Tim Rogers for the first time in a year. It felt so great and I didn't do so bad either. Well I didn't do 385 on the leg press but only 80 pounds for 7 minutes. Tim said it is obvious I need to go up on the weight but everything else I did fine. Wow it felt really good. Heart transplant has encouraged me to start building muscle and bone because of the drug Decadron which causes bone fractures. I'm starting slow and hopefully by January I can be back doing my normal exercises twice a week. I need to start walking again too. My ankle is doing fine so I think I can start soon.

Saturday I plan to attend my Amyloidosis support meeting in Walnut Creek. I miss seeing everyone and Dr. Kevin will be there too. The group has not seen me since stem cell transplant and I'm looking forward to talking to everyone about my results and current treatment. We are supposed to have a doctor from UCSF there to discuss our disease too.

After my meeting I'm driving to the trailer for the weekend. Scott and Linda will be there and Mark and I have lots of little things to do on the trailer. I need to dust the spider webs, rearrange my living room furniture and just do little things to get my little place ready for winter . I want to stock the closets and drawers with clothes, jackets and sweats so I don't have to pack every time we go up. I want most things there all the time.

An update on the ordering of the headstone. Evelyn and I ran into a problem with the online monument company. The headstone Jazmin picked out does not come in the size we need (32") for the grave site. They never told us that until we were ready to order. So now Evelyn has to choose another headstone. We are going to a monument company or two in Sacramento and look at them in person to make the decision. Hopefully, by next weekend we can place an order and it will be installed soon.

Have a wonderful weekend! Make those memories count. Today was a moment to remember.

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

kevinandbarbie said...

I am glad you are doing better. We missed you at the meeting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,
Wow you have been working so hard on the headstone, if it isn't one thing its another. I hope you have success going to Sacramento, I know this has been a large effort for you. Your so wonderful to do all this. Glad to hear your enjoying so much time up at the trailer, I know that is where you like to be, I'm glad it has worked out for you to spend time up there. Been busy at home but will try to contact you soon. Always in my prayers.
Love Maria