Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Numbers Are Going Down!!

Yesterday I received good news. My lambha light chain count went down again to 137 from 169. That is such great news! The chemo treatments of Decadron and Velcade are kicking in and lowering my count. Now can't get too excited I have a long way to go to hit normal of 26. Dr. Akthar says at some time it will reach a platto and even out. I hope it evens out around under 50. Next month will be interesting to see how far it goes down because I will have had a full dosage at 2.6 for 3 weeks. I only had 2 weeks of the dosage 2.6 and had such a great result. Time will only tell. I just can't believe how my life has changed and all I think about is numbers. White Blood Count, Light chain Count and more! Someday I hope I won't have to think about it anymore. I know that won't happen because there is no cure for the disease Amyloidosis. Just controlling it through chemo. I am blessed that the treatment is working. God bless that.

Not much going on this week. I am really tired especially at night. I don't sleep very well which I think is the problem. Last night I took my dosage of Decadron which keeps me up and gives me a dull headache. If it gets really bad I take Vicodim. Not that bad so far. Today I had chemo and all went well. Yesterday I had my monthly visit with Dr. Akthar, chemo doctor. He is very pleased with the results and said we will keep it up and hopefully the numbers will keep going down. I stood in line for almost an hour waiting for the H1N1 shot. I started to get nervous because there were little kids there getting the shot as a live virus through the nose. I am not supposed to be around anyone who gets the shot through the nose as a live virus for two weeks. So why did they have people like me standing next to kids getting the shot that way. I had my mask on and with my short hair, the nurses knew I was immune suppressed. Mom was waiting for me at Dr. Akthar's office and asked if he would give me the shot and he did. Thank God because today they ran out of the shots. I feel better knowing I am protected now. I have to be so careful not to get sick. My boys all got their shots, just the flu shot. Markie will get the H1N1 too because Erin is pregnant.

Erin and Markie had a doctor's appointment which the doctor canceled a half hour before and rescheduled for Thursday. They might be told the sex on Thursday if the doctor sees it right there in front of him. I will let you know after the doctor appointment.

This weekend I am going to the trailer again. I had a wonderful time this last weekend with Linda. It was so relaxing. We went to dinner Saturday and had a terrible meal. We went to Zino's Italian restaurant and ordered Veal Picatta. It came out as a square frozen piece of veal that tasted like ground veal and pork. It was awful. What kind of Italian would serve that. We went to breakfast on Sunday at the Grapevine Cafe. It is a new place with only 6 tables and it was great. We will go back on Sunday this weekend. Our heater is giving us some problems and the repair man was there today and said that he needed to locate a part. If he can then no big deal, if not it means a new heater. That is not good! He'll let me know tomorrow. We might be a little cold this weekend but we have portable heaters that we can use. Let's hope for the best.

Have a great week and weekend ahead. Go out and make those memories count.

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

kevinandbarbie said...

Yeah, the numbers are down! I am back on chemo again and know the Decadron nights as well. I hope you stay well. Glad you got the shot. Can't take any chances